Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore Amiga Mini  (Read 43098 times)

Description:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: Commodore Amiga Mini
« Reply #149 from previous page: December 02, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;717122
To be fair to Maximus I get the feeling his name was just lumped with the reseller because he brought it up on their board. Again the lack of stock on the Mini is probably because the origional case is probably eol. The only reason I can see the slim been still in stock is because the manufacturer is probably still churning them out for other people. Because wasn't Ubuntu gonna start shipping them.

Ah, then I'm sorry for doubting Maximus.  I thought he was a CUSA drone sent here to try and convince people that the company was still alive with viable products.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »
It's interesting that the C64 uses the same processor as the ultimate flash in a pan, the netbook.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;717125
Ah, then I'm sorry for doubting Maximus.  I thought he was a CUSA drone sent here to try and convince people that the company was still alive with viable products.

Well I thought that at one bit. But looking through their post history here and on the CUSA forums I think they are just an innocent bystander in all this. But I have been wrong before :laughing:

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »
I often wonder what direction they are actually going in. If there is even a driection at all. For all the bluster that we had to endure with the initial news of Commodore USA I now wonder what exactly it is that they are trying to acheive.

Their entire product line has seen so many revisions it makes Apple look conservative with theirs. The OS seems to be like some kind of inside joke, remember when they tried calling it workbench 5?

Their forums are hardly what i would call full. New members seem to be spawning (there is a script for their forum engine that generates fake members) in there yet for every new member that appears there seems to be very little that actually gets said. And what is said seems to be from the same four or five people. Even technical support is been done by non-commodore members because it takes so long for any of them to reply to messages.

Are they dead in the water or are they simply waiting for the next in a series of floggings at the dead horse. But then I realise that it's only CUSA and I should sit back and eat some popcorn.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2012, 02:41:54 AM »
Crit, what does it say in your sig? Did you sell your A600 and got an A1200? I thought you loved that thing!   :confused:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »
I have sold it, or in the process of selling it. While I do not wish to dwell, it would bring a tear to my eye, it was time for us to part. I am getting the bits together to pimp out a 1200 so needed the funding.

On a side note i worked out it would cost over £1k in vat, shipping and handling fee's to get cases sent from CUSA to the UK.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2012, 03:07:10 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;717739
I have sold it, or in the process of selling it. While I do not wish to dwell, it would bring a tear to my eye, it was time for us to part. I am getting the bits together to pimp out a 1200 so needed the funding.

On a side note i worked out it would cost over £1k in vat, shipping and handling fee's to get cases sent from CUSA to the UK.

:confused:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;717739

Well that would eat up the 15% discount.  Owch!
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »
Amiga Mini outer guts available again?

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_AMIGAminiSelect.aspx

It sure looks like it.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »
Oh boy a 40$ case for 300$ because it has an ethed logo instead of a sticker?

Thats awesome.

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2012, 02:41:08 PM »
The page still exists for the old products. They simply remove the link. If you look the mio is still there along with the Vic pro.

Offline vexar

• Show only replies by vexar
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2012, 03:20:08 PM »
So I hopped onto the Commodore.net site and saw that the C64x and VIC-Slim are on there for very low prices (historically) and I'm wondering what's up.  
No news, no plans, is Barry just packing it in and clearing out inventory?  This strikes me as a dying moment.  To think that a year ago, I was strongly considering an Amiga-Mini.  One little tic in the back of my mind was "will they even be here in a year?" and it proved a reasonable notion.  
I feel sorry for everyone who did buy an Amiga Mini and feels the way I probably would feel.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
@vexar

USD1295 for an atom based machine cheap?  In which decade are you living?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
Quote from: persia;720021
USD1295 for an atom based machine cheap?  In which decade are you living?
Is this more of that "well, $1295 is cheap by 1982 standards" bullcrap?
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
You can buy the ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme for £150 (roughly I have seen it lower though) and the same case for around £50-£70.

--edit

for some reaons I though we were taling about the Amiga Mini case. Didn't notice he said the c64x case.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:49:37 PM by CritAnime »

Offline VuData

• Show only replies by VuData
« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »
I've noticed that people seemed willing to pay a reasonable premium for the Commodore Gaming cases / mouse mats that appeared on Amibay (and a well known auction site) a while ago.

CUSA obviously have some contacts in manufacturing, why don't they just sell Commodore / Amiga branded cases and accessories?

Just price them right (appears to be a bit of a problem), lose the crap website (an ebay store is a probably a better option), stop pretending to have anything to do with Commodore / Amiga of the past and resist the urge to brand anything and everything (like the Tullip Commodore branded CD storage towers).

I'd love to be able to buy a commodore branded case, keyboard, mouse & mousemat and would easily pay a premium. An FPGAArcade in on of those Amiga mini cases would be sweet.