Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Escom A1200 and df1: issues  (Read 4070 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

Re: Escom A1200 and df1: issues
« on: June 04, 2019, 09:48:22 PM »
Since I received my A1200 in 2008 I have had an issue with df1:  Using a known good drive the A1200 says there is a drive df1: but fails to recognize that a disk is in the drive.

Yesterday I tried using diskchange to see if that might help get the drive up and recognized.  No luck but then I noticed something funny.  Everytime I sent the diskchange command an icon for the disk in the drive would flash on the screen and disappear.

I've looked with no luck...anyone have a clue as to the problem and a fix?

What else configuration wise besides an extra floppy does this A1200 have? I'm thinking perhaps it's some software on your hard disk interfering with DF1: possibly...like anticlick or even something in DEVS:DOSDrivers. Or, could be a resident module but that's doubtful. Have you tried a cold boot into Workbench via the Workbench floppy disk (3.0 or 3.1 or 2.0 or 2.1) and see if the problem remains?

Offline paul1981

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
Odd question but does your DF0: main computer floppy drive have a little green light just inside the disk slot. [ not your Df1: obviously but your DF0: ]

scuzz

Out of curiosity, where were you going with this? Those drives are HD drives converted for DD use. Could that affect DF1 in any way?

Offline paul1981

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 11:28:38 PM »
Odd question but does your DF0: main computer floppy drive have a little green light just inside the disk slot. [ not your Df1: obviously but your DF0: ]

scuzz

Come on scuzz do tell - it looks like you were right.