Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ISP problems before. DX fixed it!  (Read 639 times)

Description:

Offline gizz72Topic starter

ISP problems before. DX fixed it!
« on: June 18, 2004, 02:00:21 AM »
Greetings,

After I've read the 'Yahoo! Mail Warning' thread by Targhan(cheers!) I had a similar situation, but on an ISP. I would like to share my experience here, maybe someone here might have the same problem. I will not mention the name of the ISP company. I've used their dial-up service for 2 years now, cause it's cheaper. DSL is too expensive.

Eversince they've upgraded their network(3 months back), Miami does not pass after NCP stage, then it stops connecting. I've talked to thier admin.

The admin said, "..we don't support such OS. We require windows 98 and XP. Our network supports PPP. All you need is to auto-obtain IP's. We can't help you with your configuration.", to add, "Amiga??? What's that???". I've answered calmly it's an alternative OS i'm using,err similar to (a little) MacOS. So, I was at a dead end then.

So to compensate my need to get into the web, I went back to buying pre-paid ISP cards $0.57 for 20 hours.

I've later downloaded to try out Genesis. Same problem, it can't establish connection on the INIT programs.  :-?

It took me a month or 2 to figure out the solution. I've downloaded a demo version of MiamiDX. Then I tried to initialize.

First, on my pre-paid card. It went well.
Then, the my Original ISP, to my suprise! It went IN! I'm on-line!

For a week now, I'm still using it.

Just want to know how to register it? Is Nordic still active? I like DX and willing to register on-line(secure) if possible. Any ideas here? My regards to all the answers.
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF