Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moneky Island Revamp on xbox live  (Read 1977 times)

Description:

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
Moneky Island Revamp on xbox live
« on: July 14, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
Was just reading my mates edge magazine and have confirmed on the net that the original monkey island will be availiable on xbox live from tomorrow.

Its the exactly orginal game and voice track just with upgraded HD graphics.  From screen shots the pallette has been kept the same.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Tajmaster

• Show only replies by Tajmaster
Re: Moneky Island Revamp on xbox live
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
WOOT!!! At least there will be no more disc swapping ! ;)

XBL is bloody great! I play just as many XBLA games as I do disc games for the 360. SWOS and Worms are regulars on my 360 of course ;) And Alien Breed is going to be released soon too!

Anyone played Rocket Riot yet?
==================
Amiga 4000/040 25Mhz - 18MB Ram-HDD-CDRW- Picasso 2 2MB GFX OS3.9
Amiga 2000/030 25Mhz - 10MB Ram - GVP HC+8 with HDD and CDROM OS3.1 and a DKB MEGAChip
Amiga 1200/030 50Mhz - 18MB Ram - CF>IDE OS3.1 Squirrel SCSI
A500+ 000/7Mhz - 4MB Ram GVP HD+ SCSI w/40MB HDD (WOW!!)
Plus a "few" more ;) hehe
==================

Offline Flashlab

• Show only replies by Flashlab
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »
Quote from: Tajmaster;515673
WOOT!!! At least there will be no more disc swapping ! ;)

XBL is bloody great! I play just as many XBLA games as I do disc games for the 360. SWOS and Worms are regulars on my 360 of course ;) And Alien Breed is going to be released soon too!

Anyone played Rocket Riot yet?

Don't need an XBox360 for that luckily! My Miggy with WHDLoad does all that for me! ;)
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »
The addition of voice acting is absolutely fantastic, but it seems like the number of frames of character animation has been kept exactly the same, despite the hi-res graphics. That's a little disappointing, given the limitless disk space available now. I wonder if it's a technical limitation as a result of the weird switchable classic/updated hybrid interface? Makes me wonder what the rationale behind that design choice was. If I wanted to play the older version, I'd play the older version. If I play the updated version, I'd rather be fully immersed in it, rather than 85% immersed.

Granted, this is all based on a video of a beta version. I hope the final release is more polished.

I do wish I had the hardware to run the brand-spankin' new Tales of Monkey Island, though...

Offline Failure

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Failure
    • http://awhitlock.net/
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »
I thought XBLA was exclusively for playing Geometry Wars 2.  :-)

I never played the first Monkey Island game, I might have to pick this up.  Too bad it isn't available on PSN, I really dislike Microsoft's "points".  I'd rather just pay directly rather than wind up with points leftover that can't buy anything.
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP

Offline Flashlab

• Show only replies by Flashlab
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;515680

I do wish I had the hardware to run the brand-spankin' new Tales of Monkey Island, though...

I'm a big fan of Monkey Island part I and II. III was ok, IV... well... not. So I was hesitant to buy the Tales, but I did and although the movement system of GuyBrush is kinda crappy the game itself has the classic Monkey Island atmosphere and the typical humour is back. Can't wait for the next episode to arrive!
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...

Offline new2amga

• Show only replies by new2amga
    • http://www.canadiancrusaders.com
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
It's also coming to direct download for the PC.  You are correct about the frame rate though.  From what I understand, the frame rate is limited so as to match the original version as well.  This allows for seamless moving back and forth between the versions.  Personally, since I cannot get a copy for my Amigas, and my DOS version crapped out on me a while ago, I will be getting this copy.  Besides, Dominic Armato does Guybrush's voice!  Just like in 3 and 4 (okay,it sucked, but some of the voice acting is good).  To top it off the company Telltale games is also releasing new Monkey Island games in the chapter format like Sam and Max.  The first one came out last Wednesday, the same day that LucasArts released several of their older games on Steam (Loom, Indy and the Last Crusade, and Fate of Atlantis.  And some shooting games I'm not interested in.  Bring out Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe!).  Exciting!  Well, at least I think so. :)

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
Downloaded it last night.  Like rtype and a few other doesd switch on the fly between old and revamp.   Pretty impressive.  As mentioned though to matcht he old gamee the animation is as bad.  But the grpahics and the sound so far do the series justice.   Only played for a few mins.

Cant wait for my fav game off all time monkey island 2 to come out.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline slayer

• Show only replies by slayer
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 05:14:37 AM »
Quote from: Failure;515681
I really dislike Microsoft's "points".  I'd rather just pay directly rather than wind up with points leftover that can't buy anything.

Ya joking right? I think most things are like round hundreds? Surely you will eventually get something later that will use them etc...

At the moment I have 1900... sometimes I have 3000 for weeks LOL, they are cheap enough it doesn't matter when you use them...

And I only buy game addons... I turn my nose up at Arcade :laughing:
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x