Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW MMU Libs & ACA Update  (Read 4934 times)

Description:

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: NEW MMU Libs & ACA Update
« on: February 24, 2021, 04:00:55 AM »
On topic - the 68XXX.library download saves a little RAM (still work with MMULib, not for standalone use).

They also appear to address issues with superkickstart, ACA boards, and more support for Phase 5 boards (which don't all autoconfigure the same if at all).

The actual functional part of it is quite small, most of it is source and documentation.

It's optional, not required, but does save a little RAM and tries to be more compatible.

All I did was read the write up on aminet. While I do not generally use MMULib, it is there for people if they want it, and it does help with stability and greater compatibilty. At the expense of using RAM but you can''t have everything.

The reason for people using it is because they want to get the best out of a 68040 or (especially) an 68060. Nothing wrong with it. It can be used with other processors.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 06:50:09 AM by Pat the Cat »
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 11:19:01 PM »
@ gizmo350
ya ThoR's been no show here since that OS3.2 thread got out of hand..heck even the 'new' OS3.2 thread over at EAB he's been a no show for a while sadly...hope it's just the usual Amiga 'politics' and the guys doing well

Odd, I've been having exchanges with him on "TD64" thread and other places.

Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 12:51:21 AM »
ThoR, Thomas Rupp... easy mistake to make.

The snag with installing MMULibs is people choose "expert" when they aren't one, from what I gather. Too many options, because it's trying to cover every Amiga with a 68020 processor or higher.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:35:53 AM by Pat the Cat »