Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Laser upgrade for Amiga mice.  (Read 14650 times)

Description:

Offline RobTopic starter

Laser upgrade for Amiga mice.
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:39:11 AM »
Amiga Store EU are advertising a replacement PCB for Amiga mice that upgrades them to laser mice.

Link

There will be boards for both the tank style mouse and the later A1200 mouse.  It's a drop in replacement for the standard PCB with no soldering required.  It also has a lens cover that goes in place of the original plate used for retaining the ball.

The sensor used is the same found in high end devices and offers a resolution of 8500dpi.

Availability is expected on the 22nd of March.

No price is currently mentioned.

Offline RobTopic starter

Re: Laser upgrade for Amiga mice.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »
Quote from: Acill;821574
The laser mice that Amigakit sells are hard to beat. If the prince isnt lower than those I wouldnt see the point. I have a few of them and have to say the quality is amazing at 1000 DPI.

It would be nice to have an original looking mouse with the insides of a modern one though.

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1004

I think that even if it's more there'll still be plenty of poeple interested because they're fond of their old mouse and want to keep that period look.

Offline RobTopic starter

Re: Laser upgrade for Amiga mice.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:13:10 AM »
Quote from: kolla;821706
This is a very neat concept indeed. I am not a fan of clunky adapters :)

I had one of the shorter A1200 motherboards, the ones with the mouse port on a flylead, in my A1200 tower when I got a Punchinello.  So I took the plastic shell off, connected it internally and bolted it up where the standard port would usually be.