Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: --===Correction===--Does anyone have an original 4000T from Commodore missing the manuals?  (Read 904 times)

Description:

Offline amesie2Topic starter

• Show only replies by amesie2
    • http://www.amiga.org
I am wondering if someone here on A.org might have an original Commodore 4000T? I know the number was around 200 units built/sold which is a small number.

I happen to have a set of manuals for the 4000T that are for the Commodore made 4000T's, I haven't thumbed through them completely to see if any pages are missing or written in, they look to be in good shape. I will be putting them up here for sale in a couple of days if there is any interest in them. I bought these a while back from someone I don't recall at the moment who it was for a fair price.

I hopefully will get some picture of them to put up here as well.

-----======CORRECTION======----

I went home and looked at the manuals I have, it appears Jose is correct there is only one manual that is actually for the 4000T Copyright Commodore 1993 it is the User's Guide part number on copyright page is 37118-01 and also on back cover. The rest in the lot are for the 4000D Copyright Commodore 1992.

I did thumb through the manual for the 4000T and it is in pretty good shape, I found pages A2 and A3 to have some small creases and the front cover as well.

I also compared some of the pages with a 4000T manual from Escom 1995 and I noticed page D4 is not the same as the original 4000T manual goes through the different disk formats and lists the high-density formats as OFS 1.67MB FFS 1.76MB DC-OFS 1.67MB DC-FFS 1.76MB CrossDOS 1.44MB the Escom doesn't have this same page.

I will be selling just the 4000T User's Guide as I will be keeping the rest of the manuals for my 4000D I purchased not long ago. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused!! :crazy:

I am asking $40.00 dollars plus shipping with Matt H getting first dibs. If Matt H doesn't want it for that price it then is upto damiraga and then Jose then the rest just to be fair as that is the order inquiries were made.

Offline Matt_H

Re: Does anyone have an original 4000T from Commodore missing the manuals?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:51:08 PM »
I'll take one.

Offline damiraga

• Show only replies by damiraga
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »
I PM'ed you few minutes ago. I own a genuine C= A4000T, so I am interested. Let me know.

damiraga

Offline amesie2Topic starter

• Show only replies by amesie2
    • http://www.amiga.org
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »
@matt h and damiraga

I will try to finish checking through them tonight and note any dmmage if any and let you know.

Matt h was the first to respond so he will get first crack at them.

damiraga will get second crack if matt h doesn't want them.

I only have one set of 5 manuals I think it is.

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:31:30 PM »
Manuals ? I though there was only one that's specifically for it.

I do have one but it's in german. I'd like someone to exchange for an ARexx manual if possible but so far no contenders...
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 05:37:25 AM »
$40? Too rich for me. I hope whoever gets it would consider scanning and PDFing it - official 4000T documentation is nowhere to be found in digital form, Commodore or otherwise.