Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Please show your support  (Read 6423 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: Please show your support
« on: October 05, 2003, 08:16:33 PM »
Just boycott OSNews.  I've never really found anything worth while on that site and free thinkers are not wanted there.  

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: Please show your support
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 02:36:14 AM »
by GadgetMaster on 2003/10/5 17:11:48

I don't get it. You advocate the boycotting of a fine news site just because they objected to the hijacking of their poll

I think you should be a bit more broadminded not them.

It is not fair to directly link to a specific option on a poll.

Free thinkers hah, it just makes us look juvenile and like attention seekers.

Your assuming this is the only event that has caused me to think OSNews is a piece of crap, it isn't.  It started awhile ago when she hired on a certain moderator (name withheld) who was and still is extremely biased.   I do not agree on how she runs that site (and reading from different /. articles over the years, alot of Be folks left that site when it was mostly a Be fan club because of her attitude) and apparently, I'm not alone.   Between her and her cohorts, I skip that site entirely.  I did try a few browsers today to see the poll with AROS on it, but something is FUBARed on my side (probably crossover is misconfigured when I did the last major upgrade).  Other then that, your not seeing me posting on there nor do I bother reading their articles.  It's not worth my time and effort.

Boycott it, perhaps it will eventually get better.  If not, your not missing anything by not going there. ;)

As for the link, polls are there to grab attention to the site, that's the main purpose of any net poll, create traffic.  It use to be, back when I first start reading OSNews, that increased traffic ment additional income from paying advertisers at OSNews.  I'm not sure if it's still the same, but if it is, more linking means more profit to OSNews.  If it was a valid poll, I would agree it wasn't right.  This is not a valid poll.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.