Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Since this site is pretty much stagnate  (Read 5019 times)

Description:

Offline Vlabguy1Topic starter

• Show all replies
Since this site is pretty much stagnate
« on: June 13, 2019, 05:37:59 AM »
 is there another Amiga site that is more active and functional??

Thanks
Rich.

• Show all replies
Re: Since this site is pretty much stagnate
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 03:07:14 PM »
is there another Amiga site that is more active and functional??

Thanks
Rich.

English Amiga Board was, and is, more active

Except it shouldn't be. AO used to have just as much traffic as EAB before the "great migration". Where the h3ll did everybody go anyway? Disgracebook? It's quit depressing actually.  :(

So true .. I used to love this site and it was always my browser homepage no matter what computer I was using.  It makes me pretty sad seeing what A.org has become.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »
It's just not this forum or even generally Amiga forums.  The same drop in in users and activity is happening across all the forums I know of/visit/member of/etc and that covers a lot of forums on tech/family/pets/cars/trucks/martial arts/computers/Amiga. 

Other social media platforms are a bit the cause, but even the modern social media special interest groups don't have the activity of the forums of old.

Just in my option from my own observations. 

One of the biggest issues is that younger users don't have the interests in formation and discussions of topics of interest.   Popular social media platforms are not conductive to lengthy discussions across multiple topics.  Try having a conversation of length on Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, doesn't work well, and it's those type of "sound bite" platforms that are popular.

Another large reason I find, is the ageing of the population that made up forum users.  One, as we all get older, have families, other responsibilities, priorities change.  It reduces the amount of free time available to hobbies/interests/forum participation/etc.

Another reason it user population attrition.  People's interests change, hobbies change, and people leave behind the things that used to interest them.  Related to this is, and using the Amiga as an example, how many people of younger generations are taking up Amigas to use?  They are few and far between.

Well this site was down for a very long time for redesign and “improvements” and that pretty much killed this site and almost zero has been improved although the only thing I thought was lacking from the old site was a LIKE button.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 11:32:07 PM »
I don't think anyone announced that amiga.org was back up

We made an announcement on the Amiga.org Facebook page and on the front page of Amiga.org, plus several posts in various Amiga forum groups.

There has been a full page advert in Amiga Future magazine for the last 6 months too advertising Amiga.org.

okay that’s great but permanent damage has been done by taking it down in the first place and only to relaunch the site with less than it was when it was taken down. Cant post images and the gallery is GONE. Oh excuse me the gallery tab is there.