Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marvell and Mai Logic working towards PPC970 support?  (Read 5509 times)

Description:

Offline Kurt

• Show only replies by Kurt
Re: Mai Logic working on PPC970 support?
« Reply #59 from previous page: June 22, 2003, 06:43:49 PM »
"The difference between FUD and non-FUD is fact. That makes you technically more than a fudder than myself. Have a nice day, soldier-boy."

Uhh ever thing I said was fact.
Same thing can't really be said by you because every thing you said was technically FALSE.

Well very few if anything posted by you Morph boy's has been factual. The amount of left handed compliments and innuendo you guy's spread is amazing I am beginning to wonder if you guy's have a crib sheet that you pass around with a bunch of false rumors and twisted spin of the facts. because you all seem to be on the exact same page. It might be the Wrong page but always the same page.

So let's have fun and tear your VERY NON-FACTUAL POST APART.

No it won't be the same as A1/Peg1 AtriciaS has AGP built in.
AGP IS ALWAYS BUILT INTO THE NORTHBRIDGE.
AGP on the ATRICIAS is built into the Northbridge.

PCI and AGP are not the SAME thing.

I have two very large books on the specs I will send them to you, if you give me your address.

But to be honest there is really no big speed advantage between AGP2X and PCI in most cases as long as your graphics card has sufficient memory. That has been proven in speed tests on various PC sites.

So if Thendic was honest and did not try to hack AGP onto the PegII it would not be the end of the world. Hacking AGP onto a PCI bus would be  messy and would be nothing more than a marketing ploy.
Because the resulting circuit would likely be slower than a straight PCI card.

But not to create more FUD please really read the Marvell specs please before you go all agog
Dual PCI means if you convert one to AGP and  used the other to talk to the south bridge means no functional PCI expansion bus to be used by the end user.

" and of course Mai's total unwillingness to admit any bugs until IBM stepped in."

Ohh the above statement is really untrue. BBRV BS at the fullest not to be taken serious by anyone with a functioning brainpan.

"What isn't irrelevant is Articia-S's fatal bugs"
" Regardless of the Articia-S features, its bugs make it useless crap anyway."

Are you saying that BBRV sold 600 NON-working Pegasos boards to endusers.
Is he going to refund everyone's money for selling them doorstops.
No of course not,  Anyone with a Peg one board will tell you that they are quite happy with them, and that shock they work just fine .

Also I am a Marine there is a world of difference!!

Kurt

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2003, 12:19:28 AM »
Electro:

Gee?  So, mind telling me what's your real problem behind these rant and instulting attempts. can't handle the fact there are plenty  people smarter than you?  :-D

And like I said.. Showing something to people who would not understand it anyhow ain't worth losing job/clents. If you don't understand that much there ain't much left to discuss..

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2003, 03:59:22 AM »
Poster: Elektro

kenny, joanna it's past bed time for you kids...

and lest i forget:

mai sux, marvell rox
x86 sux, ppc rox

excellent reasoning...

Sounds reasonable.

Personally, I would like yo know how much experience the design engineers at MAI have with using Amiga computers, such as the A1200. It would be cool to see them marvell at how cool the A1200 is considering how old the technology is inside. ;-)