Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: netbsd http, ftp, telnet server on amiga 4000, and about ethernet cards  (Read 4541 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

i got some1 offering me a commodore A2065 card, any thoughts on that product?

I can't speak to the quality of the bsd drivers for this card, but I have one in my 4000/060 and it works quite well.  (Much better luck than I had with a 1st gen X-surf!)  Under AmigaOS it's supported in Miami and Genesis.  So hardware wise, at least, your in good shape using the A2065 on a 4000.

uhmm, what makes you think iam using amiga os ? (in alternative os forum and when the first word in the thread is netbsd)

Yeah, I think they missed that part.  I will ask why you chose netbsd, though...  Amiga OS has most everything you'd need for the project you're working on, and really it's just not an Amiga if it isn't running Amiga OS.  Besides, didn't netbsd recently drop the Amiga m68k line after lack of interest?  

Offline Ilwrath

Bang forehead on link to continue;

I found the BSD *nix timeline here quite informative.  (If not confusing -- it looked like a redneck family tree, what with all the inbreeding and such!)  But it does, indeed appear that I had my BSD's confused, and it was OpenBSD that recently announced that it wasn't developing a new Amiga release.  

But I'd still say it's sacrilidge to run an Amiga without AmigaOS nowadays.  ;-)