Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No picture when playing AGA demos on Access...  (Read 3178 times)

Description:

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: No picture when playing AGA demos on Access...
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 01:41:26 PM »

xeron wrote:
He was implying that everyone on Amiga.org thinks AmigaONE purchasors are just idiots. Thats not very nice.

Actually........

I think I had my share of that experience myself.  When I said that I liked AmigaONE better, they started to flip out on me and saying 'MorphOS is much better this n that, blah blah blah.' So..... Im with him on that.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline TanZyr

• Show only replies by TanZyr
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 01:42:19 PM »
kd7ota,

Agreed. It was the few who jumped him because of that statement that proved the statement true. The merest mention of a person's hardware platform of choice has been grounds for the Bungled and the Botched to roll in with their tripe.

He was merely pointing out the obvious and stating [basically] "Here's something we can all agree upon, let's discuss this together without bagging the hardware."

To the pathetic few who flew off the deep end, lay of the fscking coffee, it's making you tense.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on...
-- Winston Churchill...

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 01:48:52 PM »
@Tanzyr

Yea,

I agree with you on that statement.  Oh well, this whole computing stuff doesnt really matter all that much. School is important, and I must finish that first.  But I know one thing is for sure..... Commodore 64 rules!  :-D
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2003, 02:28:27 PM »
@TanZyr

What? I didn't go "off the deep end", I just mentioned that it wasn't necessary, wasn't relevant, was quite prejudicial of the people reading the post, and was only likely to annoy people. This is why I quite calmly pointed out that it wasn't called for.

To me, what he was saying was "I fully expect people to ignore me and call me an idiot because I have an AmigaONE, even though that has nothing at all to do with this post". Do you see? Even Ole-Egil has admitted his statement was a bit harsh.

It has nothing at all to do with getting angry.
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2003, 04:16:34 PM »

olegil wrote:
Ok, so maybe it was a bit harsh, but I've gotten a few "I don't listen to red trolls" thrown at me from various "important" people lately, so...

Sorry.

Right, thank you.

Anyway, the Access has (at first glance) all the same chips as the A1200, which specific support chips do you mean?

The demos I've had bad luck with are the TBL (The Black Lotus?) ones from Aminet.
More or less gave up when I found out I have a CD full of downloads that won't play.

Also, is it my joystick, my cable, Team17 or the Access that makes down == right (or was it left)?
Killed me off a couple of times when playing superfrog, that...

Well, I remember that there were timing issues with some of the (cheaper?) 030 cards, Phase5 made big on this, and so some hardware bashing games/demos would freak out that the chipset and CPU did not run at the same speed as an 020 and the chipset. The Blizzards used special/expensive hardware to make sure tha tthe timing signals were perfect.

Btw, AROS people have called me an idiot for sticking with the AmigaOne as well, so...

Why would they do that when AROS is planned for the AmigaONE (and a few other PPC platforms too)?

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2003, 05:20:24 PM »
He was implying that everyone on Amiga.org thinks AmigaONE purchasors are just idiots. Thats not very nice.

Actually i have seen alot of Amiga users being attacked here lately, being called a mindless idiot who follows bill mcewen, amiga inc buttmunkey and so on... Amiga users is clearly a minority on this site lately....

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2003, 05:36:14 PM »

Actually i have seen alot of Amiga users being attacked here lately, being called a mindless idiot who follows bill mcewen, amiga inc buttmunkey and so on... Amiga users is clearly a minority on this site lately....

Billy McEwan and Amiga Inc. have nothing to do with Amiga.

Hyperion, Eyetech, Genesi and AROS have far more to do with "Amiga"  than Amiga Inc.

Offline Tomas

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2003, 07:04:29 PM »
That was not what i meant.. What i was talking about is that when you say you prefer os4, aone or whatever over pegasos/morphos, you are often accused of being a mindless amigainc follower.... I have seen this happening quite often... And btw, AmigaINC could have refused to give hyperion a license to port os4... they have done more than gateway did for the amiga platform...

Why attack someone for the platform/os they prefer?

Also if i post something negative about genesis, morphos, pegasos or similar, then i am called a troll... But it is totally ok to post negative about amigainc, os4 and so on?

Was totally opposite a year or two ago though...

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2003, 07:13:36 PM »
Why attack someone for the platform/os they prefer?

I never have and I never will. I do critisise people for defending Amiga Inc. but I certainly would never critisise anyone for their choice of platform.

The original post attacked the users of this site (ie me) for NOT choosing the OS4 A1 option. He has since appologised, and I personally feel the matter is closed.

What is intersting is that the Access do not function as one would expect, this is something that I would liek to get to the bottom of.

Offline Tomas

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2003, 07:21:21 PM »
I never have and I never will. I do critisise people for defending Amiga Inc. but I certainly would never critisise anyone for their choice of platform.

I did not mean all do it, but i have seen a few cases lately by some certain other persons....

I am totally ok with those who choose pegasos over amigaone also, just so that is said.

Let us all just be friends  :-)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2003, 07:24:25 PM »

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2003, 07:40:15 PM »
I took the liberty to spawn off the off topic "they say I'm licking X/Y butt for owning X/Y hardware" sub-thread to here.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline TanZyr

• Show only replies by TanZyr
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2003, 10:41:51 PM »
'The original post attacked the users of this site (ie me) for NOT choosing the OS4 A1 option.'

Wrong. The original post pointed out that he fully expected to BE attacked by various factions that populate Amiga.org based on his choice of hardware platform.

On that alone, there was no reason for him to apologize for vocalizing the plainly obvious.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on...
-- Winston Churchill...

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2003, 11:03:17 PM »

Wrong. The original post pointed out that he fully expected to BE attacked by various factions that populate Amiga.org based on his choice of hardware platform.

On that alone, there was no reason for him to apologize for vocalizing the plainly obvious.

I tried not to respond, I really did. Its all off topic, but really, you are totally ignoring three important points, namely:

1) Ole-Egil, jokingly or not, said that he felt *anyone* reading his post thinks he's an idiot because of his personal choice. Just because a minority of people act like ####s over such things is no excuse to make sweeping generalisations.

making me an idiot in the eyes of people here

2) Nobody said anything about his choice of "future Amigoid platform", and they wouldn't have done in any case. It has no relevence to his trouble with the access.

3) His statement was unnecessarily inflammatory, and bound to cause ill feeling and debate, which it duly did. That just wouldn't have happened if he hadn't of made the statement in the first place.

Ole-Egil acknowledged that he shouldn't have made the statement.

That is my final say on the subject. Feel free to "have the last word", but it won't make an iota of difference to me.
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Offline carls

• Show only replies by carls
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2003, 11:23:10 PM »
I don't get it.
This is stupid.
Why fight about peoples preference in hardware when the EXPERIENCE everyone is after is the same?
Amiga: Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Offline Dan

• Show only replies by Dan
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 17, 2003, 01:04:10 AM »

bloodline wrote:
What is intersting is that the Access do not function as one would expect, this is something that I would like to get to the bottom of.

Yes, can we go back to the topic please?  :-)
I think i remmeber something about the Access having faster memry access than a A1200 from their website waaay back, anybody who knows more?
Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!