Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many are there of us?  (Read 2102 times)

Description:

Re: How many are there of us?
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 11, 2003, 08:21:10 PM »

Atheist wrote:
I think AmigaOne can sell 2000+ boards by Sep.!!! Really!

SOME will buy 2, afterall. :-)

AmigaOne! Hello? Where are you?

I'm here!!!  :-D

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2003, 10:28:09 PM »
That's actually an issue that bothers me. How many? Amiga users I mean. It's really hard to tell. Most of us use a variety of different OS'es and hardware. Some don't even use an Amiga no more, but will probably buy an A1 or a Peggy the instant it's available. Not everyone use the internet regulary either.

How many potential PPC Amiga users are there really? How many would consider buying after seing one in action?

It would be nice with a poll on Slashdot, supported by all Amiga news sites (I can hear the Linux fanatics moaning like unrestful spirits already).

Like this:

Already got a classic, want a brand new one.
Used to have one, now I want a brand new one.
I'll try one of the new models and then decide.
I'll settle for a classic.
I'd rather use whatever CowboyNeal use.
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2003, 10:44:44 PM »
I think Wayne once posted something remotely similar to: "XXXX unique IP adresses accessed Amiga.Org today" (don't shoot me if I'm wrong).

Isn't there some Webmaster stats hidden away? When only Amiga related stuff is up on the frontpage it would be slightly accurate. The problem of some not even using internet remains however.
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2003, 10:57:42 PM »
"How many are there of us?"

Theres only one of me? :-D

Offline barryum

• Show only replies by barryum
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2003, 11:53:08 PM »
There are many who have been members for years but don't post to the forums very often.  I visit the site to read almost every day, but only occasionally post a news item.  Haven't even uploaded an avatar yet.

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2003, 03:48:22 AM »
I had an account when amiga.org first came up, but drifted away for a few years...completely forgot about what username/password I might have had on the old account...and signed up again...been posting like a lunatic for about six months now...

lots of people lurk, but its still a useful number to see the number of active posters and gauge activity that way, just have to compare it to other active posters in other communities.

I think Be could have survived on the interest they created, if they had been willing to go that route, heck they even could have cashed out by selling to Apple at one point....but they had other goals in mind, they gambled big, they lost.  Heck BeIA wasn't actually so obvious of a mistake, they had lots of corporate interest....

but gotta respect them, they played to win.

I think Amiga could sell 10,000 PPC boards, I've said that before, and I still say it.  They could do it in the first year, but it would take a big gamble about pricing, about having faith in the product.  One they aren't going to make.

I think you see companies that gambled big and won big...and others that gambled and lost.

Then you got others that are going to make a few bucks on a nicely sized fanbase and not gamble anything.  I'm talking about eyetech, of course.

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2003, 07:39:38 AM »
Me too is just reading a lot of the posts but I do not write  very often.
My english is so horrible you should be grateful for that  :-D