Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Icaros Desktop 1.3  (Read 10155 times)

Description:

Offline ncafferkey

• Show all replies
Re: Icaros Desktop 1.3
« on: June 11, 2011, 01:57:39 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644129
I was thinking. The fact that there are no audio drivers available for use with emulators is a bad sign. I mean isn't this where all the developers do their development? In a virtual environment due to the lack of memory protection?

Are you reading any of the replies in this thread? trekiej has already mentioned twice that VirtualBox's AC97 emulation works with AROS. *If* your CPU has hardware virtualisation, VirtualBox is great for running AROS. I've heard VMWare is good for AROS as well, but I don't know if it has sound.

Quote from: shaf

AROS has no Virtual audio Driver support. Currently the most reliable audio drivers are based on the SBLive Series of Cards.

Maybe the SBLive drivers are the most reliable, I don't know. But the HDAudio and AC97 drivers are pretty good on the right hardware too. There's also an Envy24 driver, but I haven't used it.

Offline ncafferkey

• Show all replies
Re: Icaros Desktop 1.3
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 02:17:15 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644135
I read that and was confused. My copy of Virtual Box does not allow one to custom config their virtual sound chip.

AFAIK older versions of VBox are stuck to AC97, while newer versions give you a choice of AC97 or HDAudio (the AROS HDAudio driver doesn't work with it though).