Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HDT is a good friend but a little weird at times  (Read 1396 times)

Description:

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
Re: HDT is a good friend but a little weird at times
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 01, 2003, 03:08:30 PM »

pVC wrote:
No, I didn't mean that vanilla OS3.9 should updated. I meant that OS3.9 installation successfully updates the filesystem... you haven't disabled any romupdates or something like that which could affect to it.

IIRC, the first versions of the OS3.9 CD does not copy the newest version of FFS to your OS3.9 partition, you have to do that manually (I think it's in the Emergency-Boot drawer).

If it's the 2nd version of the CD, it does copy it over.
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline xaccrocheurTopic starter

• Show only replies by xaccrocheur
Re: HDT is a good friend but a little weird at times
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2003, 02:48:59 PM »

Vincent wrote:

pVC wrote:
No, I didn't mean that vanilla OS3.9 should updated. I meant that OS3.9 installation successfully updates the filesystem... you haven't disabled any romupdates or something like that which could affect to it.

IIRC, the first versions of the OS3.9 CD does not copy the newest version of FFS to your OS3.9 partition, you have to do that manually (I think it's in the Emergency-Boot drawer).

If it's the 2nd version of the CD, it does copy it over.

OK. But if I install the same OS *on an empty partition*, witch is the case, it obviously copies the latest version of the FS for it's own use, right ?

Sorry to bring up this boring thread but [color=CC3300]HELL [/color][/b] my 4K still has this Scuzzy problem and it's pissing me off !

Since I commented out the "gvpscsi.device" line in DEVS:NSDPatch.cfg, something has changed :

Now whatever the partition sheme, when I reboot after HDT, I can SEE all my partitions, but the last one, obviously spanning just beyond the 4Gb, errors at format.

I'm getting close, I can see it from there !

Please, lend me some intelligence, because the answer is right in front of me, this I'm sure !!
 8-)

pX