Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C-128 news  (Read 1052 times)

Description:

Offline motruckerTopic starter

C-128 news
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:53:32 PM »
Here is the text from a post on lemon 64 concerning an upcoming project. This is not mine, but I think is of interest to all C-128 users:

" I am in  discussions to try to have a run of MEGABIT 128 roms produced, and  trying to get an idea of interest... The lower the run count, the more  it will cost per unit, so I am trying to see if there is enough interest  to make the price per unit low enough to justify the run.

Sadly low count runs are very expensive, so if there is little interest,  the cost per board is proabably not worth the effort, I believe I am  looking at around $45 a board, let alone all the other components for  the minimal run size.

So, is there any interest in this, and what are folks willing to  comfortably pay?  I know in the past this thing was selling for about  $25 or so, but obviously for a very tiny run the cost of the board alone  is more than twice that, so that price point isn't possible."

You can find this thread over at lemon 64 under the name of: MEGABIT 128  is anyone Interested ?
I posted this here in the hope that we can get the price down, for all of us.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline mechy

Re: C-128 news
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »
i would but i already own one of these.. its quite a handy board.

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Re: C-128 news
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:11:51 AM »
Quote from: motrucker;782592
...what are folks willing to  comfortably pay?  I know in the past this thing was selling for about  $25 or so, but obviously for a very tiny run the cost of the board alone  is more than twice that, so that price point isn't possible.

Ouch!  I paid the $25 for each original board plus shipping (I bought a total of 3).  IMHO, I think $45 each from a new run is out-of-line.

Based on my experience from building the SUX 6400 audio digitizer board,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm