Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PCI... What, no SCSI??  (Read 5479 times)

Description:

Offline Dr_RighteousTopic starter

• Show all replies
PCI... What, no SCSI??
« on: July 20, 2003, 03:33:46 PM »
Ok, so, we have all sorts of devices available via PCI on our Amigas... Wonderful! But, I find it odd that no drivers for PCI SCSI boards exist. Am I alone in this thought? "Write your own!!" yeah yeah I know... I just figured this would have been one of the first drivers written. *shrug*
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -

Offline Dr_RighteousTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: PCI... What, no SCSI??
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 01:56:50 PM »
I'm just the type that thinks the more drives the better... That and I prefer SCSI CDRW over ATAPI.

I'm also the sicko planning on cramming one of my Miggys into a MASSIVE Compaq Proliant case (roughly 24" tall full tower case)... And hope to use the Compaq hard drive bays.

If I use my A1200 boards, I end up with no option for SCSI, since I intend to use the much cheaper Viper accellerator, which has no SCSI onboard.

If I use my A4000D board, I'm left with the hope that Vesalia makes an accellerator for it, as Cyberstorms are just too damned expensive.

Ahh the things we do to keep our Miggys modern...
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -