Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A sad day  (Read 4999 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: A sad day
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 31, 2017, 03:20:36 AM »
@LoadWB

We're sick of talking about a rogue US Amiga reseller and are now talking about nationalism/patriotism and the US/UK 'special' relationship! It's far more fun though I should go to bed as I'm on the Welsh/Scottish/N. Irish and English side of the pond :-)
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;826481
No idea where you've got Pakistani from but then again to a Little Englander "all Muslims are Pakis" eh? ;)

I'll celebrate when we get rid of our unelected Prime Minister for sure and do a double celebration if/when we get rid of that benefit scrounging family that lord it over us too. ;)
Sorry it's an Iranian flag isn't it? My bad. I suppose the Engli-stan bit threw me off and I thought of Paki-stan. Maybe saying your from Eran (England / Iran) would be more accurate? ;-)

And also we are not voting for a Prime Minister in the General Election (we aren't American as already discussed) we are voting for an MP to represent us in Parliament. I don't think Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn are fit to be our Prime Minister and I question Theresa May's reasons for calling it early. It won't change my voting pattern however as I have a good MP who has done a good job and has also stood up for marriage being between a man and woman in spite of the rabid liberal media trying to outlaw such opinions. If she can stand against peer pressure and stick to some moral convictions she's the MP my area needs irrespective of her party allegiance.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:43:16 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
@JJ

You sir are a un-educated tit
I'll think you'll find that the European Commission are made up of cronies put forward as representatives by Member State leaders i.e. Theresa May. They are not elected by the people and are the very definition of a quango. What part of that is misinformed? If you want to live in a slightly richer but subservient, passive and increasingly undemocratic nanny state then I guess staying in the EU was a great idea.

... or is that you simply can't understand how anyone could disagree with your enlightened opinion that we should just accept EU hand outs (our own money given back to us with stipulations on what it can be spent on) and keep quiet?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:34:26 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 01:22:06 PM »
@JJ

People are obsessed by the notion of governing oursleves,
It's called democracy!! It's served us well up to now and if you don't like the way your country is being governed you can write to or visit your MPs surgery. You can't travel to Brussels and give them what for (unless your Nigel Farage ;-)).

I didn't vote in this government so what is the difference ?
No you didn't you voted for an MP and here's the rub. A dodgy and corrupt Labour/Lib Dem/UKIP/ Green / "insert minority party here" MP is just as bad as a dodgy Tory MP. Why not make sure these public servant that get paid £70,000+ out of the public purse are actually worthy of the position? There's an idea. Maybe make sure they have the correct life experience to serve in this office. Or you could just sit back and trust party politics and end up with a daft 70s throwback like Jeremy Corbyn :-)

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 03:54:08 PM »
@nicholas

The UK is "better together"? Sounds like a load of collectivist pinko rubbish eh? ;)
The UK has proven its worth and the Westminster Parliament is far more robust than the devolved parliaments/assemblies with its dual house structure which considers and amends laws hence meaning there are less bad ones once the legislature is signed in. The Welsh Assembly will attempt to ban the smacking of children senselessly meddling in the affairs of family life! The Scottish Parliament is a complete mess by comparison producing unworkable rubbish like the Named Person Scheme which is being quietly shelved because it directly contradicts patient/doctor confidentiality amongst other valued principles (such as a parent actually being kept in the loop regarding the welbeing of their child).

Plus the union keeps wackos like Nicola Sturgeon in check who otherwise would be an apprentice Angela Merkel. Talk about a bad advert for proportional representation!! All the SNP MSPs are completely in the pocket of Sturgeon because their loyality is to the party (due the party list system) rather than the electorate! A rotten and awful system much like the European Commission. Maybe that's way Sturgeon wants to stay in the corrupt EU?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:59:26 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »
Quote from: quenthal;826712
Are you saying that violence within family is currently legal over there?
@quenthal

No doubt you're used to liberal parenting techniques where a child running towards a busy road is not smacked but given a lecture about the threats of the motorcar and a warning your little prince/princess won't get an icecream/a visit from Santa/a go on the iPad unless they behave nicely.

If you want to risk your children doing exactly the same next time and running out into a road/car park/busy shopping centre then be my guest but don't tell us how to discipline our much loved children! The nanny state is destroying Europe not smacking!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:42 PM »
@JJ

I see the stereotypical Labour supporting Welshman who wants to ban smacking has tied his colours to the mast ;-)

The problem with your logic is that children aren't logical. You can't  simply explain that cars are dangerous and expect that to act  accordingly because when young they are very impulsive. One of the main  problems with our society are the 'we know our rights', 'the world owes  me a living' and 'our child can do no wrong' brigades. They represent a  whole generation of people that just believe that they can let their  kids do whatever they want with the odd XBox bribe and sage word of  advice rather than proper well measured and consistant parenting which includes  discipline. You're the tit if you think that a smack is 'never' required  even when the child puts him or herself in danger! Either that or  you've never had children of your own or are too left wing or liberal to  function :-)

Get a career at a University or in Social Work and leave the parenting to those of us with a shred of common sense and less politically correct sensibilities.

And  no Muslims are not attempting to ban Christmas as post the Manchester  and London attacks they are too busy trying to distance themselves from  the unfortunate teachings on Jihad contained within the Hadith (their  religious book containing the life teachings of Muhammad). The only  debate Muslims are facing currently amongst themselves is whether they  are currently living during a time of 'lesser' or 'greater' jihad. If  they are in a minority within a country it is normally the case that  they seek out positions of influence, build up Muslim enclaves and raise  big families until their country wide influence (and population)  increases. 'Greater' jihad is suposed to begin once they are in a majority position i.e. Saudi Arabia. I guess some extremists are a bit to keen to persecute the  infidels and jump the gun! Maybe you think Paul McCartney's "All You  Need is Love" will change their minds? If you sleep better at night thinking good old simple liberal 'British Values' (presumably including banning smacking and silencing Christians) will overcome this highly motivated and purposeful terror than good luck to you in your delusion.

The most conflicting image  seen recently in the media was the Burqa wearing woman on the BBC saying that the priority now was  increased INTEGRATION!!! This was a woman wearing a Burqa! Who is  supposed to integrate to which way of life? I take it that they expect  us to conform to their way of doing things even if it takes decades.  Liberal Wales you've been warned ;-)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:00:38 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 10:54:03 PM »
@Nicholas

It's not a case of whether British born Muslims are British our not it's whether the Muslim communities take the Hadith's teachings on jihad seriously or not. The whole dodging the issue especially in the media and presumably in the mosques themselves is not going to solve the issue. It's not a race issue it's a doctrine issue.

Going back to JJ's original comment; can a Christian freely celebrate Christmas in Saudi Arabia? Food for thought ;-)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:56:35 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 11:13:22 PM »
@nicholas

Maybe we've built a self destruct back door in the firmware code of all the Typhoon jets we sell them in case things go south ;-)

It is strange admittedly our trade / defense relationship with them. It's kind of an enemy of your enemy is your friend kind of deal. And it sounds like a proxy war against Iran in Yeman I'm sad to say.

Cor' this is good stuff! I'll have to watch a few episodes of Homeland after this! ;-)

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 12:50:37 AM »
@nicholas

I'll stick to this thanks.

http://www.newsweek.com/struggle-between-sunni-and-shia-muslims-explained-291419

It's likely to be less biased.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 01:01:51 AM »