Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How did the Amiga fare in Australia?  (Read 5511 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: How did the Amiga fare in Australia?
« on: November 29, 2016, 01:36:29 PM »
Quote from: bwldrbst;817034
I remember seeing 500s in K Mart and drooling over 4000s in Myer a few years later.

I knew quite a few people that had Amigas but pretty much only 500s. Later I saw a couple of 1200s and 600s. I went to a meeting or two of a local Amiga user group a couple of years after C= went under but didn't feel like I fit in with the grumpy greybeards there! I don't think there's an active user group anywhere near me now.

My first Amiga was a 500 and I eventually bought a 1200, probably one of the last ones sold here in Perth! The 1200 was the first computer I bought with my own money and it's still going. Sadly, I sold the 030 accelerator I had in it for peanuts when I was broke in the late 90s. By then I had got my hands on a 4000 but didn't know about the dangers of the battery and it died a few years later.

Until I got interested in Amigas again a couple of years ago, I'd never even seen a 1000 or a 2000 but have since picked up two of each and a couple of them even work.

K-Mart has a presence in AU , eh?
I'm fond of the A2000 myself.
Sturdy enough to be used as a weapon when you tire of using it as a computer. :laugh1:
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"