Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flower Pot released  (Read 13574 times)

Description:

Offline amyren

• Show all replies
Re: Flower Pot released
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »
Quote from: Nearly-Right;824438
Is the system requirement information correct in that Flower Pot requires 8 GB of RAM to run it on a Windows XP SP3 system?

Many Windows XP SP3 systems were, like mine, based on P4 technology, and there was no option to have more than 2GB on such a 32-bit system, and in any case how much RAM should it need a PC to have to emulate 32MB? It's beyond me, in these days of technology, that modern hardware cannot emulate a retro system that had very low hardware overheads and yet a 'modern' PC has to have such fast quad-core, 8GB RAM in the hardware to be able to get the 'low-tech' superior system of the Amiga OS to function on a high-spec PC or Mac system. It's a mystery!

Also, I too use OWB on MorphOS, and the main AmiKit site is a 'blank' page, as for others, which as the site is for an emulation of Amiga, it might be good to have a more compatible main website page for more Amiga systems, as they are where many of the emulated OS users came from in the first place, aren't they?

I find it irritating that AmiKit is inaccessible for 'real' Amiga, even NG, systems, and I consider MorphOS to be one of those, as many others do too.

I dont know where you read the 8GB requirement. It says 4GB in that windows pdf instructions  document found on the flowerpot webpage.
Besides, Flower Pot is for emulating an OS4 capable computer and not the retro computer system with 32MB ram that you mention.
If you want to emulate the retro computer version of AmiKit, you should try the free Amikit version 8. I think you will find it will run with lower requirements.

And, AmiKit is available for real amigas, although unofficially. Take a look at http://real.amiga.sk/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:39:57 PM by amyren »