Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: God, please pinch me and wake me up. This must be a dream/  (Read 5534 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show all replies
God, please pinch me and wake me up. This must be a dream/
« on: November 10, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
Just read that Trump is president.
I had 4 quick, gutteral reactions to this.
Huh? What? Huh? And what?

Possibly mankinds most toxic time in history and yet people saw adding poison as a solution? The man is, politically, an absolute moron, completely oblivious to the real world.
Wonder how long until he's impeached.

I seriously don't understand people if they decided he was a good idea. Absolutely baffled.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

• Show all replies
Re: God, please pinch me and wake me up. This must be a dream/
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 03:09:23 AM »
That's about as ironic as most of the things in the Alanis Morisette song. :)
That is to say, not ironic at all. :)

May be true, but falls outside the definition of ironic.

At least Clinton can string a few words together coherently and doesn't look confused all the time. Nor is she openly corrupt in business, or openly misogynistic.

This isn't to say I'm a fan, but she seems the better of 2 evils at the moment. The way the world is at the moment Trump is like a bull in a China shop. And oblivious to this.

America is a dying empire, and Trump will accelerate the fall.

He'll be either impeached or assassinated at some point, I just hope he doesn't do too much damage 1st.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

• Show all replies
Re: God, please pinch me and wake me up. This must be a dream/
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:50:01 PM »
@Amidude

You seem to have problems with definitions.
A single clip in no way amounts to "all the time".
Everyone has bad moments.
Trump on the other hand looks confused more often than not.
Also, and I don't mean to sound antagonistic, but there's no such word as "stopt"?
I assume English isn't your native tongue?

@gertsy

Ah, I somehow missed the CH/politics forum, hence the reason I put it in general.

@thread

Perhaps its that I'm just not used to it, but the overt patriotism thing seems bizarre to me. I was playing with some streaming 360° cameras of Trumps acceptance speech and just prior to him taking the podium his supporters, I kid you not, started up a "U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A" type chant.  :)
Cracked me up. Who is it these people think they're competing against in a domestic election?  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:07:44 PM by fishy_fiz »