Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Adult conversation about this whole EULA issue.  (Read 15048 times)

Description:

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
Re: Adult conversation about this whole EULA issue.
« on: August 23, 2003, 10:34:03 AM »

So how do I use my software without clicking the "I agree"? If this was done as a seperate option, so that the software was still installable and useable without having to agree, then I agree that such a contract would be fair and enforceable.

You don't use the software if you cannot agree to the Ts and Cs under which it is sold. Send it back. Simple.

Hate figure. :lol:

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 11:58:25 AM »
@Kronos

As a consumer you have a right to return the product in most civilised countries if you do not agree with Ts and Cs found inside the package.

The contract is not between you and the vendor ( which is just a reseller )  - unless they stipulate extra Ts and Cs or negotiate a rebundling deal - but with you and the first boundary of sale.

You may not like licenses, nor how they are first put on display to the consumer, but that does not invalidate Bill McEwens statements on the matter nor does the existense of AmigaForever, Draco and the "Install-Emulation" icon.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 12:12:50 PM »
Kronos

IIRC H+P distributed under license from Amiga Inc, therefore it is Amiga Incs responsibility to enforce contravensions of the license ( unless the contract stipulates otherwise ).

Regards

Dave.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 12:33:42 PM »
I would hope MOS users that also helped boycott H+P over the Amithlon issue and the roms would make their feelings known to Bill Buck if this were the case.