Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS 2.4 for Mac Mini Released  (Read 34522 times)

Description:

Offline Val451

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS 2.4 for Mac Mini Released
« on: October 17, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »
I just successfully bid on a Mac Mini G4 on eBay.
I just finished downloading MorphOS 2.4.
As a current owner and prior user of classic Amigas, I've followed the torrid tale of Amiga since first using an Amiga 500 in 1988. I upgraded when the 1200 came out.  I even bought a few A4000's off eBay over the past several years, cobbling together a decent one from parts of the three I own. But I find myself rarely using it these days, worrying that it might tear up with too much use, repair being expensive nowadays even if you can find someone to work on it. So it sits in a corner, getting dusty.
I never gave much consideration to upgrade to AmigaOS 4 because the price of entry I thought way too expensive for hardware that would be considered several years out of date.  The entry price on the Mac Mini is one fourth to one third of the cost of a Sam, and it includes MacOS X in the price ( my first Mac!).  MorphOS is a free fully functioning demo the allows me to try the OS before buying.  Win Win for me. Even after the cost of a MorphOS key is thrown in, the cost to me is less than half of a current AOS 4.1 platform, with more modern hardware to boot!