Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 630+ Members. Where is everyone?  (Read 2400 times)

Description: Inactivity

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: 630+ Members. Where is everyone?
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2023, 11:26:22 PM »
Nah, times are different now, that's all.

After Slack came Discord, so all the kewl kids and grampas hanging out over there...

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 08:57:54 AM »
The really really long outage where amiga.kit couldn't be arsed to sort it out. killed the site.  People started using other sites like EAB and never really came back. 

The front page only showing a few posts killed it for me as well as it not going directly to the forum as it has since the last millennium.

And the focus changed when it became part of a commercial entity.

Basically , and it almost seemed  intentional , the new owners didn't give a fuck about this site and its legacy and have done nothing to bolster it.  It's like they wanted it to die.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 09:00:21 AM by jj »
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2023, 01:50:49 AM »
I joined Amiga.org in 2002.  I visit Amiga.org daily as a guest, and sometimes login to post.  That long outage mentioned by others definately took its toll.

Cheers,
redfox

Offline Gryfon

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 06:03:59 PM »
Just lurking. Visit every day.
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens

Offline duga

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 06:12:27 PM »
There were cookies and/or https problems for several years which could stop you from being logged in to the site. To be fair that's solved since a few years.

Offline Boing-ballTopic starter

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 10:58:08 PM »
There were cookies and/or https problems for several years which could stop you from being logged in to the site. To be fair that's solved since a few years.

Seen you over at EAB a few times…. Things have changed over there now 🙄

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2023, 03:56:31 AM »
Test test test.  Holy cr@p.  This is the first time I've been able to log in in like... two years?

Still alive.  Still busy working.  Got a Rivian (EV truck) and spend a lot of time annoying people in those forums.  Do miss my Amiga's, and the countless hours I used to spend on this forum.  Just re-packaged some of my Amiga stuff recently.  Sadly not to take it out to play with, but to preserve it longer.  Maybe someday I'll have time again.  My company got me one of those mini C64's for my birthday.  That was in... April?  It's still in its box.  No time, but many fond memories.  Hope anyone who sees this message is well, and happy holidays!

~Mike
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2023, 11:56:52 AM »
Test test test.  Holy cr@p.  This is the first time I've been able to log in in like... two years?

Still alive.  Still busy working.  Got a Rivian (EV truck) and spend a lot of time annoying people in those forums.  Do miss my Amiga's, and the countless hours I used to spend on this forum.  Just re-packaged some of my Amiga stuff recently.  Sadly not to take it out to play with, but to preserve it longer.  Maybe someday I'll have time again.  My company got me one of those mini C64's for my birthday.  That was in... April?  It's still in its box.  No time, but many fond memories.  Hope anyone who sees this message is well, and happy holidays!

~Mike

Glad you found us again 👍🏻 Welcome back! 😉

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 04:42:42 PM »

~Mike

You get your Cyber Truck after? That thing looks nuts.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2023, 11:14:18 PM »
Similar for me - during the long outage I got out of the habit of checking Amiga.org multiple times a day. Should try to get back into it...

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2023, 11:29:36 PM »
Just leave the tab open...

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 12:09:03 AM »
Just leave the tab open...

Yep, that’s what I do. This site auto refreshes at the home page of any new post/threads 👍🏻

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 12:11:21 AM »
Similar for me - during the long outage I got out of the habit of checking Amiga.org multiple times a day. Should try to get back into it...

Have seen you a lot over on EAB (Before being perma banned for no reason 🤔🙄). Come over and say hi or whatever. Let’s try and get this forum more active 👍🏻 Spread the word!

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show only replies by AmigaOldskooler
    • Old School Game Blog
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2023, 08:32:31 AM »
Still here, posting from time to time. :) Will try to visit a bit more often in the future.

Offline Ferry

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2023, 09:28:13 PM »
Well, in my case I can say that I'm back after years of absence: I didn't remember the password, but my email provider stopped giving service and I stopped having access to the account I used to access here, so, when I wanted to recover the password, I couldn't, and I have recovered it TODAY, thanks to a fellow member, @tolkien, who was able to warn the admins.

So one more who, hopefully, will do more than just read.

Saluditos,

Ferrán.
Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
PiStorm project collaborator (Docs)
A1200/060/256MB/SCSI
A1 XE-G4/933
A500+/PiStorm

The following users thanked this post: tolkien