Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiWest 2017 clarifications  (Read 4457 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: AmiWest 2017 clarifications
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »
Quote from: BCP;832138
Steve, I did'nt hear any mention of Timberwolf at AmiWest.  Since its been open-sourced has there been any effort to update it?

- BCP

There's been no activity on GitHub since the code was uploaded.

Offline Rob

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »
@ssolie

Obviously NIC and Audio are a must for Tabor but will it's release also be dependent on the revised FPU emulation that Thomas is working on.

Are there a new blogs in the pipeline.  It would be nice to read a blog about the FPU emulation when it's done.

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:50:50 AM »
Quote from: Hans_;832183
The plan is to make a kit that takes a full sized Mini-ITX board, so it's going to be fat (the rear connectors aperture alone is >1.5"). You're welcome to call it a luggable if you want.

My goal right now is to get a full prototype designed.

Hans

The Tabor board could have some minor revisions made to make it suitable for a slimmer case design.  The rear I/O could be reduced by swapping some of the connectors out for header pins to connect to smaller PCB's to relocate the audio ports to the front and the USB and one NIC to the side, as is common with contemporary laptop designs.

Header pins to relocate the CR2032 battery holder to a flat position away from the motherboard would solve another height issue.

My final suggestions would be to use a right angled ATX power connector and there are also right angled PCIe sockets.

I think it would make for a much more appealing end product and I hope that A-EON would asses whether or not there is a business case to to produce a special run revised Tabor boards for the laptop kit.