Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fun with Kickstart 1.4 (A3000)  (Read 6116 times)

Description:

Offline mpiva

• Show all replies
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: Fun with Kickstart 1.4 (A3000)
« on: August 16, 2004, 07:42:51 PM »
  I don't remember where I got them, but I have ADFs of Kickstart & Workbench 1.4 Alpha15.  They're fun to load up and play with in WinUAE, I strange mix of Workbench 1.3 with some 2.0 stuff thrown in.  I was going to include some screenshots with this message but I can't seam to get the image manager to work (all I get is a small window with a Xoops banner, a pulldown gadget with nothing in it, a button beside it that doesn't seam to do anything, and a close button. :(

Workbench has it's own window on the Workbench screen; there is the ability to view "All files" and "View By" icon, name, size, etc; windows have a new "Up Arrow" gadget that brings the Workbench window infront of ALL other windows.  There is also a WBStartup drawer and some interesting shell commands like "AddMonitors" and "IP" but everything else is basically 1.3
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline mpiva

• Show all replies
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: Fun with Kickstart 1.4 (A3000)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 09:53:32 PM »
@ Piru

Hey, that's a great page there!  I wish I still had my A3000 to play around with.  Any idea where I could get an ADF of the Extras disk?  I didn't know that one existed.  

It was also cool checking out some of the other betas on that page as well.  I'm going to have to bookmark that site for times when I want to reminisce about the "good old days" :)
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie