Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amithlon  (Read 38210 times)

Description:

Offline Fransexy_

• Show all replies
Re: Amithlon
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
Quote from: Duce;772498
What does AROS have anything to do with Amithlon?  Not trying to be snarky, but I'll be damned if I can even begin to understand why you'd want to run AROS 68k under an Amithlon type environment when Amithlon and 3.9 work absolutely flawlessly.  An afternoon putting together old hardware and skimming EAB for the latest Amithlon info and you'll have the best Amiga you ever owned for $50.

Perhaps I am failing to see the purpose of AROS 68k at all.  What does it bring to the table that WB 3.x doesn't?  I've tried it 100 times over in AF and UAE, and it still seems like re-inventing the wheel and it's a terrible experience, imo.  

I can grab AmiKit, AF, Amithlon and a 3.5 or 3.9 CD and be up and running a modern 68k based Amiga system on commodity hardware in mere minutes.  Literally.

Baffles me why AROS 68k is so fawned over.  I'm as much of an open source dreamer as the rest, but the idea of AROS 68k + Amithlon or even running AROS 68k on legacy HW makes little sense to me.  Seems like a solution in search of a problem, but then again, WB 3+ has always worked just great for me.  I never lost sleep over not having the source code for it.

Avoid legal and copyright issues
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT