Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Visual scripting like idea...  (Read 926 times)

Description:

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jose
Visual scripting like idea...
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:06:11 PM »
Hi. I had this idead that I'd like you opinion on if it's worth it or not.

On the program I'm doing (or losin some time with sometimes) I want to make things complete, though it'll take more time to finish of course. I got this idea of the user being able to define what actions happend when motion is detected. So I created an array of pointers to action functions. Then I realized that it woluld be usefull to also have sets of functions, so that the user could use already made sets. So I modified that to an array of of pointers to a structure that defines (in a field's flag) if it's a set of functions (actionset, that's how I called it...) or just a simple function. This structure then has a pointer to the function itself ( if it's a simple function), or another array of structures (in case of an actionset) each having a pointer to a function along with it's name (will probably be updated with more stuff in the future). This is already done and working;) I plan to do a GUI for to manage this stuff.

Then I realized, if I add the possibility of return values and conditions to this, I'll have done a simple (userwise) visual scripting language that could be handled with just the mouse.
Has this been made ? What do you think of the idea ?
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Steady

Re: Visual scripting like idea...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 05:13:36 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to play with, although I guess you have to ask the question of how much it will take away from the original project compared to what it will add. Not sure what you are writing to start with.

It's easy to be diverted... trust me, you are talking to the procrastination king here.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 05:28:13 PM »
Hahahahaha.. he said procrastination :lol: ;-)

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »
@Steady

Well, I don't know if it would be worth it either, I decided to ask in forums... Seems to be a cool idea, and it doesn't seem to be done..

"Not sure what you are writing to start with."
Hmm, later I'll post about it... :-)

\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"