Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amigabooks.org Content?  (Read 6644 times)

Description:

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
Re: amigabooks.org Content?
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 09, 2003, 01:04:19 AM »
What are you doing for OS 4.0? If you don't mind me asking and your able to say.

Offline Argo

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2003, 01:15:18 AM »
Arg, Thanks Kenny.   People wonder why Amiga software support is crappy to none.  Stop beating down the developers. Encourage them, offer to beta test, etc.  Drive them away and we won't have need of further development.

Dave, keep up the good work. Don't let the pessimists get you down.

Offline Argo

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2003, 01:20:37 AM »
Whoa, okay, this just got bizarre.  Someone from Genesi and someone from OS4 working on bringing us Mozilla. Doesn't this violate some fundemental rule of the Amiverse? I'm not sure which one, this should be fine. It's nice to see. It's just kind of wierd to see with a backdrop of the "community" all huddled into there own little "camps".

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2003, 02:01:02 AM »
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline Argo

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2003, 02:20:50 AM »
Downix:
I didn't say you wished ill of AOS4. I was just trying to point out, in my own weird way, that what you two are doing or planning to to is in stark contrast to what is going on in the background (the various "Amiga" camps, the AO is now a MOS site trolls, amigaworld.net is amiga pure blood, etc.) I happen to agree with you, this will be very benifical.

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show only replies by PulsatingQuasar
    • http://none
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2003, 10:18:56 AM »
Whoohoo!! Mozilla for the Amiga would be great!! Wheter it is OS 3.9 or OS 4.

The working together between two people from both camps would be even better!!  :-)  :-)  :-)

That's so much more constructive then what has been going on in the public the last couple of months.

BlizzardPPC powered!!
AmigaOne-XE G3 800 MHz, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 8500, OS4

Offline Darth_XTopic starter

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2003, 05:00:41 PM »
One thing I find interesting in the Mozilla platform is XPCOM, a cross platform component model. There are some great articles on IBM's developerworks site, in fact I think the developworks documentation is better than what is on Mozilla.org.

AmigaInc hired subcontractors to develop ACM, the Amiga Component Model. So far we have not heard what happened to this project. Who? What ? when? Where? (And also being told that ACM was developed in pure TAO VP, not C++ which would be portable, really made me cringe... how much work & $$$ would be lost if the TAO VP project didn't work out?)

So if ACM isn't viable (or available), maybe porting XPCOM would be a more effective component system?

Note: I'm not starting FUD or flamewar, I REALLY want to know more information about COM, ACM and XPCOM. :-D

Offline jahc

• Show only replies by jahc
    • http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2003, 02:56:16 AM »
@DaveP

Do you realise that Mozilla is one of THE most WANTED pieces of software for AmigaOS?? If we posted a news item which said "early alpha of Mozilla exists for AmigaOS", there would be a phenomenal amount of feedback! I'm sure of it! I dont think anybody up until now has found out work has progressed this far.. this is like, really amazing. Like, well done!

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, the amiga community would really really appreciate it if you were to continue work on this..

Personally, a modern browser would give me one huge reason to just own an AmigaOne, and no PC..

I wish I could help you, but I'm still learning how to code. My own little project is taking ages to complete.

Dont let others get you down, you will be heralded as an amiga GOD if mozilla gets into a usable state. You mentioned it was slow.. hey, at 600mhz, thats not too much of a problem. :)

Please dont give up, the amiga community needs a good modern web browser.

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2003, 03:03:17 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm new here, and have just purchased an AmigaOne XE G4, after my interest in all things amiga somehow got rekindled :)

I bought this system understanding there will not be much software available for quite some time, and as such I am interested in working on a port of Mozilla to OS4, and porting other useful opensource software

Downix, how do I go about getting added to your mailing list?

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2003, 04:39:45 AM »
Darth_X: I knew that the dark side was capable of evil deeds, but to start a soap opera here on AO...

:-)
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline Darth_XTopic starter

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2003, 05:09:39 AM »
And I'm pondering if I should speak or just keep my mouth shut... :-D

Offline samo79

• Show only replies by samo79
    • http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture/
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2006, 05:29:58 PM »
@DaveP

Have you a buggy Mozilla for AmigaOS ????

Oh my god, if it's true please share it ! Check the Amizilla web site and Mailing List at:

http://amizilla.net/