Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is KennyR allowed back yet?  (Read 2080 times)

Description:

Is KennyR allowed back yet?
« on: March 19, 2005, 12:37:02 AM »
I miss his contributions to the Coffee House.  It's not been the same since he fell out with Wayne and got banned.

Surely i'm not the only one thinking this?

Wayne, can we have him back?

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
Re: Is KennyR allowed back yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 02:42:28 AM »
Hum,
who was KennyR again?
 :-?

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 11:42:01 AM »

blobrana wrote:
Hum,
who was KennyR again?
 :-?

:-o

How dare you? ;-)

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 11:45:43 AM »
@mdma

Well, he certianly added a flavour of his own to the CH, that's for sure.

Somehow I imagine KennyR might not want to come back if the ban is lifted. Hurt pride and all of that :-/

Anyway, if he is allowed back and he does decide to return, let's hope he leaves the red v blue thing alone - AFAIK it was that old chestnut that ultimately got him banned.
int p; // A

Offline Gelb

• Show only replies by Gelb
    • http://amigazeux.net
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 05:14:28 PM »
Obviously it was nothing to do with Red vs Blue, it was Kenny vs Wayne. Wayne just hates KennyR, that's all there is to it I guess. He hates his political views, he hates his Amiga views, he generally just hates him for being KennyR and he always did of course. And these days Wayne is in a constant bad mood, so...

All the accusations of Kenny trying to abuse this precious site, of trying to chase people off, of being bribed to do it by free hardware, even being blamed for hacking this overly appealing site, and generally having to put up with Waynes constant namecalling and lies was simply enough I could imagine. Wayne has done more ranting and chasing users off than anyone else here. He is even still doing it now that Kenny is safely gone, exploring Glasgows suburbs on his nightly alcoholised runs caused by the depression this ban has got him (joking). Hell, check it:  "Combine that with the few rabid puppies intent on screwing up this site and running off it's core members for their own purpose." (here). Very Ironic.

The last stroke was the ban I suppose. Kenny will not be comming back as long as the Wayne stays a bitter old hypocrite who is more interested in running (and ruining?) the site as his whine log than as a discussion forum.

Cheers.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 06:06:17 PM »
Wayne just hates KennyR
what a load of horse {Ashcroft}!!!!!  :-o  :-o

i've always liked Kenny, but sometimes he's like a dog with a bone and just doesn't know when to let go.

and your link doesn't work, btw.

much like your "logic"

ps, i noticed that you haven't posted since last summer...only came here to troll??????
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Gelb

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 06:24:29 PM »
@cecilia

Fixed that link.

> ps, i noticed that you haven't posted since last summer...only came here to troll??????

Considering the amount of questionsmarks this question must be very important to you, so 1) Look up the definition of "to troll" in a forum glossary please, 2) Reread my posting, 3) Realise that I know KennyR better than you or Wayne, and that you know little or nothing of the issues between them. If you don't get it (aka, "I am totally clueless") don't bother to reply again, 4) I am sad that I can't do you the favour of posting on a more regular basis but usually I am busy coding apps like ANR and the like, 5) Thank you.

PS: Yes, I am sick of people like you who have to jump up and down without having the slightest clue just to find another creative way to apply the word "TROLL". Sigh.

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 06:31:37 PM »
Gelb wrote:
PS: Yes, I am sick of people like you who have to jump up and down without having the slightest clue just to find another creative way to apply the word "TROLL". Sigh.

And we're sick of Troll-wannabes.
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 08:00:46 PM »
Gelb, I hate to break it to you but what Cecilia says is essencially correct with regard KennyR.

He could be a great laugh, a superb debater, could give profound insight into a range of subjects.

He could also be an utter prat at times, not to mention highly offensive. He could be as Cecilia put it be "like a dog with a bone". His bitterness with regard Amiga.inc (rightly or wrongly) was projected at every given opportunity, writing of folk who wanted help with amiga hardware past and present as being deluded or worse. This is a support site, not target practice.

I miss him greatly, but I don't miss the hassle that sometimes came with him.

There is an old operator saying "Don't go to war with the operator, for you will surely loose." Guess what, he went to war with Wayne and anyone else who dared to give him the moderators equivilent of a slap. He lost and deserved to.

Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 09:46:58 PM »

the_leander wrote:
He could be a great laugh...

Has to be said, he was king of the comedy cynicism. If I had a quid for every stitch I got laughing at some little remark or comeback I'd be able to pay the physiotherapy fees to uncramp the stomach those belly laughs caused in the first place.

I can still remember the one about the kinetically rechargable torch, that remark about being sillouetted against the meagre backlight of a night time window, frantically pumping a rod shaped object...

I almost wet myself that time :lol:
int p; // A

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 11:32:10 PM »

Gelb wrote:
@cecilia

Fixed that link.

thank you.

) Look up the definition of "to troll" in a forum glossary please,
this is the FIRST time i have EVER refered to ANYONE as "trolling", a term i generally don't like. but even I could tell there was something suspect about your comment.

Realise that I know KennyR better than you

sure, you know how his face scrunches up and gets all red when he's in one of his "scottish moods". I'll grant you that.

Rest assured, however, that I am familiar with his kind of Scottish character. One of my close friend (whom I've known for 20 years) is very like Kenny. Not exactly, of course.

However, I'm so familiar with the crankyness, the moral indignation, the brilliant intellect, the passionate manner, etc, that I can still make comments about Kenny and be at least 90% right on the mark.

I am sad that I can't do you the favour of posting on a more regular basis but usually I am busy coding apps like ANR and the like, 5) Thank you.

glad to see you are a busy boy.

If you came here to take Kenny's place you have to do a better job of being witty, however.

Kenny has very big shoes to fill and dispite what you may believe, most of us here (including Wayne) really do love Kenny.

And we really do miss him.

Wayne just has to have some time out because this last year (or so) has been very very hard. Not an excuse. just the facts.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline ltstanfo

• Show only replies by ltstanfo
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 04:22:53 AM »

Gelb wrote:
Obviously it was nothing to do with Red vs Blue, it was Kenny vs Wayne. Wayne just hates KennyR, that's all there is to it I guess. He hates his political views, he hates his Amiga views, he generally just hates him for being KennyR and he always did of course. And these days Wayne is in a constant bad mood, so...

Gelb,

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion(s) but as a moderator here at AO, I can tell you that your thoughts on this issue are as far off the provervial mark as they could possibly be.  I saw some of KennyR's comments.  KennyR got himself banned, plain and simple.

Even I admit to missing his "unique" viewpoints and he did make the CH "interesting" at times but he went over the line more than once and Wayne was left with no option (IMO - ask any of the other moderators and I don't think you will find any disagreement).  What so many users here seem to (conveniently) forget is that AO is run and owned by Wayne Hunt. He made the rules, and they are posted for everyone to see.  You break those rules enough and something is going to happen.  This is not limited to AO.

In any event, I wish KennyR well.

Regards,
ltstanfo
Gee Brain... what do you want to do tonight?

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 08:53:35 AM »
I miss Kenny's posts, too... I'd gladly put up with the views I didn't like, because he was so good at expressing himself :-)

Offline Gelb

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 11:03:58 AM »
>> KennyR got himself banned.

I can't disagree with that. Not trying to appease the Wayne-beast's bad attitude is going to get you banned sooner or later on this site. I wouldn't agree with "plain and simple" though.

>> What so many users here seem to (conveniently) forget is that AO is run and owned by Wayne Hunt. He made the rules, and they are posted for everyone to see.

The kind of "rules" he got banned for are not written down for anyone to see.
They're just in Wayne's head. He makes them up as he goes along, and worst of all they never apply to him. Wayne slandered Kenny, Kenny responded by mocking him with his own cheap words - but, unlike Wayne, without breaking the site rules. Remember this.
And that only came after many public and private message rants and insults from Wayne.
If Wayne doesn't want trouble, he should learn to live by his own rules - and that includes personal insults, slander, and accusations of criminal activity - all fired at KennyR. If Wayne wasn't the webmaster, if there was any justice he would the one banned for his behaviour instead.

Understand this though. I am only trying to get others to understand why he was banned. The real reason, not the lame "you broke the rules, you got banned" excuse.

I will leave you guys alone now. If you really want Kenny to be comming back here, consider writing a couple of emails to him and Wayne.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 11:52:11 AM »
It's Wayne's site, he can do what he likes. If kenny wants to come back then I'm sure he will, if not :-?