Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 64-bit AmigaDOS operations?  (Read 3330 times)

Description:

Offline MinuousTopic starter

Re: 64-bit AmigaDOS operations?
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 07, 2004, 04:48:10 AM »
Yes, I thought amiga.lib might have something to do with it, that is why I was wondering how to check what is being linked in...now I know: you just use the 'Add library' menu item to add them. It was crashing before whenever I tried this. But I reinstalled StormC and it seemed to work, this has also fixed the other problem about the pragmas, I think I was using the NDK includes rather than those that are provided with StormC.

I'm not using any printf()-style functions for the 64-bit output, I've written a custom function which inserts thousands separators, etc. as necessary. And the user is already able to choose to view sizes in bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, or blocks.

Thanks to all those who have helped out...

Offline falemagn

• Show only replies by falemagn
    • http://www.aros.org/
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 11:32:52 AM »

Here is an example how to format such numbers: largefmt.c

Argh! Kill that endian bug! ;-)

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2004, 11:53:03 AM »
Argh! Kill that endian bug!

It wasn't a bug, but a feature. I removed the feature though. :-)

Offline MinuousTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2004, 12:14:23 AM »
Several days of trying to get StormC to compile and link correctly, then when it finally executes it crashes instantly and the debugger does not even correctly show the location of the fault. I don't have the time or inclination to fix bugs which were introduced by StormC, whereas it worked perfectly under SAS/C.

So until H&P fix their lame compiler I will be using SAS/C. And since SAS/C doesn't support long longs neither will Report+.

Offline TanZyr

• Show only replies by TanZyr
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2004, 05:15:15 AM »
@Minuous

Speaking from inexperience here, but would using VBCC help instead? There's also GCC, but I've heard that's a pain to setup for the Amiga...

[I REALLY need to get back to learning C, then learning to code for the Amiga, but I digress]
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on...
-- Winston Churchill...