Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hi everyone!  (Read 1029 times)

Description:

Offline mdavisTopic starter

• Show only replies by mdavis
hi everyone!
« on: September 08, 2004, 02:59:50 AM »
hi there everyone. im a newbee here. im based here in the phillipines. btw, we have stocks of amiga-commodore computer hardwares for sale. if you have needs jst pm me. tnx. :-)  

Offline FastRobPlus

• Show only replies by FastRobPlus
    • http://bye
Re: hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 03:07:01 AM »
Where are you?  I'll be in Manila in 2 weeks time.

PM me with a list of what you have!

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 03:16:20 AM »
actually its my father's. we have 2 places here. in Laguna and the other one is in Bulacan. Ill send list of our stocks. were in manila would you be. what particular models you are interested? :-)

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 03:31:18 AM »
Greetings,

@mdavis

Hello and welcome to A.org.

:-D

Regards to your father and thanks for the power supply conversion.

Gizz
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 03:34:20 AM »
tnx alot gizz! :-D  :-D

Offline Twin

• Show only replies by Twin
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 04:06:35 AM »
OFF TOPIC

Didnt the Phillipine government seize stocks of Amigas when Commodore went bankrupt to cover debt? Whatever happened to all the Amigas seized?

Offline gizz72

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 05:25:15 AM »
Greetings,

@twin

No they were not. If I recall, all operations were transfered to China. As for some for the old stocks(HW that never seen the light and small components ie IC's chips and such..) unfortunately were sold off as junk. That's the reason why I end up getting 3 boxes of old commodore factory floppies containing burn test programs(unfortunately never get to save one). Most of them were water damage. Mdavis father was too late to buy the old components becuase most junk dealers are just hammering all of the old components and chip just to get the gold. I believe Mdavis's father told me also that he tried to buy all the components for parts. It breaks my heart to know that he never had enough money to buy all the components at the time but manages to at least save most. I usually visit him at Bulacan when I need to convert a PC power supply for my A1200 and other like floppy repair. I beleive he even has old C64 components too. :-D Anyway, the story were bad memories for me. But that's history... we got to move on sometimes.. :-( sorry for the sad story Mdavis

Regards,

Gizz
Good day to all Amigans!

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 06:38:19 AM »
 Gizz, I didnt know you are a good friend of my dad. I dont know much about the history on how he aquire those Amigas. i think he told me once that it was smuggled out of the Clark Airbase in Pampanga in the times when the Americans were operating there. im not so sure its true. :lol:  

Offline gizz72

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 06:50:58 AM »
Greetings,

@mdavis

Your dad is also a long time friend. All I know, regards to clark field pampanga, he only buys components for A500's, A2000's and C64's. The boards were not surface mounted then. That's why he has a lot of CIA chips et al... AFAIK, he buys it but I never thought they were smuggled! I'm just his customer looking a way to fix my old c64. Actually, I sold mine to him just to buy the new A500 from a friend at Greenhills.

Regards,

Gizz
Good day to all Amigans!

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 07:10:03 AM »
Oh i see... Nice to know you Sir Gilbert. So where are you based right now? Sir gizz, can you give a link on how to access all about old Amiga computers? i dont know much about them. how often do you see each other? hope to see you. thanks. :-)

Offline gizz72

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 07:42:17 AM »
Greetings,

@Mdavis

I work my butt out here in Makati City. I'm not your typical PC user there where they tend to go sites like friendster, though I do have an account there but hardly touch it. :lol:

If you're that interested on Amigas, I'll PM you with all the details you need to start.

Just talked to your father awhile ago cause I was asking about the story behind the Commodore Factory Closing.

Anyway, here's a little catching up on the history.

Start here -> www.amigau.com

I'm surprise you never listen to your father. :-P
He has more C= tall tale than I could give you.
Still studying eh? Good luck on your school. I used my A1200 to get through college. Never use a PC personally. :-D
For Emulation on PC ->
If you're interested to know, I bought Amiga Forever v6 from here -> www.softhut.com
so I can use office PC running Amiga. I love '040 JIT emulation. Very Fast! Much to my officemate's surprise, they tought it was linux. :lol:

There is also AROS www.aros.org for PC.

There are TWO new hardware/OS to choose from.

Pegasos/MorphOS -> www.pegasosppc.com
AmigaOne/OS4    -> www.amiga.com

Both machine can emulate classic machines down to the last detail.

If you got a question on any issues concerning Amiga here is a good place to start -> www.amiga.org

Legal software. not pirated ones. can be found here -> www.back2roots.org
most of the games here are in .zip -> .adf good for those emulated Amigas.

Well feel at home and hope to meet you sometime soon. Please no need to be too formal. I'm beginning to feel that OLD already. :lol:

I hope you'll be the next gen Amiga user here.

Enjoy,

Gizz
Good day to all Amigans!

Offline Twin

• Show only replies by Twin
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 09:16:24 AM »
@gizz72

Thanks for the info, are you sure the Phillipine government never seized any quanitities of Amigas? It is reported on various websites that they took Amiga CD32s as payment for the use of their factory. Eg:

http://amiga.emugaming.com/cd32.html

Also do you know where in China production was moved? My company manufacturs in China and I visit every few months, I would love to try and get in touch with the old Amiga manufacturers.

Offline gizz72

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 09:27:54 AM »
Greetings,

@twin

The factory itself was used by the government. All I know C= never took with them the smaller items. Chips, CDrom chasis, ROMS, floppy disks and some orginal games like OSCAR. boxes of them. Unfortunately, most of the working itmes(I heard) were stolen before it closed down by some former factory employees(not sure about that). I just saddens me about it. :-(

Sorry about the detail, where in China they moved. I have no idea. :-(
Good day to all Amigans!