Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: for the record  (Read 6953 times)

Description:

Offline amigakit

Re: for the record
« on: September 22, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
@Kickstart

Regarding the Cammy thread:

I have already explained the reasons for it being unapproved and locked, here it is again:
That thread was closed from public consumption because a few concerned members here pointed out that it was a discussion of private personal matters without Cammy being present and volunteering that information. I agreed with that view point because I considered that I would not want details of my private life discussed or viewed by other people on a public forum without first giving my permission or providing that information first hand for all to read.

I hope this clarifies the intention behind the action.

One of the problems was that thread had personal sensitive information in it, once you unapprove it from view, only the moderators can see it and not the general users.  Of course before I unapproved it, I entered the reasons for doing it.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline amigakit

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »
On the subject of possible pirate items being offered for sale here:

This is a reputable community forum.  There are users here who may buy items on the basis of community discussion unaware that the item maybe unlicenced or pirated.  The actual owners of licences may take action if they can see no moderation of such actions.

In short, we have a duty to our members to ensure Amiga.org stays a reputable website.  The events of last week were clearly explained by the moderator at the time: once the threads in question were cleared as having legitimate product for sale, then they would be unlocked.  To date we have received no such information.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »
@wawrzon

If that happens then pmail a moderator querying it.  I have not noticed it or had anyone bring it to my attention.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:44:30 PM »
@Wawrzon

Pmail me with it then or other mods of your choice.

@cgutjahr

Completely missed your thread from a few weeks ago.  Maybe instead of opening a thread it would be better to get the mods attention by pmailing ?

Offline amigakit

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 06:49:16 PM »
After just reviewing what you originally posted as news item, I do not think think that this is worthy to be approved as a news release.  It should be just a forum discussion thread.  

We are trying to raise the standards of news items here and encourage them as more formal press releases.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »
@cgutjahr

I hear what you are saying.  Please remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.  This website has been left unchecked for quite some years, so it will take time to build standards back up.  You are right: an explanation to you should have been forthcoming at the time.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »
@cgutjahr

Its my opinion that we should be aiming to get the new releases here to the quality standards of the documents at amiga-news.de

After all these years passed at Amiga.org, I know in the future that it will take time to encourage the users submitting the news releases to do so in a standard quality news format.