Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where is the Cammys thread?  (Read 5805 times)

Description:

Offline wrath of khan

• Show all replies
Re: Where is the Cammys thread?
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:13 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;772996
Thank you all for your support, you've made me feel like maybe I shouldn't be afraid to post here. I still feel like I've failed the Amiga community because I had so many ideas for how to help, and for a little while I was able to communicate with others who could help make these ideas happen, but as well as spending too much time helping people with their individual problems (the reason I wrote a few guides was because so many people were asking me to help them through things step-by-step) I was also receiving a lot of criticism and negativity from several people in the community which really got me down. My online life means a lot to me because it's impossible for me to make friends or communicate easily in real life. I ended up meeting a few guys in real life after chatting on the forums or IRC, but they seemed weirded out by me and avoided contact afterwards. A lot of people ended up dumping their old, broken Commodore and Amiga junk on me, and this stuff was already piling up here. I have no idea about soldering or hardware repairs and the only person I knew who could fix them (AmigaManiac) also got depression and had a breakdown. So I feel like I can't move with the burden of all of this junk and responsibility and broken promises and failed dreams weighing me down.

Hi Cammy darling.
I have suffered with depression and anxiety since I was a child.
I have recently done a course of Cognitive behavioural therapy and thus far it has literally turned my life around.
I cannot recommend it enough.
Medication never really worked for me.

There are still tough days, but now I have the tools to get through them, and there are many great days too.
I am trying to improve relations with others too as I also have a hard time making new friends; anxiety does that to a person.

D'ont think so badly of yourself, I'm sure that you are a beautiful person and Please post here whenever you like.
I think that it is obvious that this thread and the other exist only because people here really like you.

Take care.