Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First Contact : AmigaOne X1000 Limited Edition  (Read 24503 times)

Description:

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
Re: First Contact : AmigaOne X1000 Limited Edition
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;664356
Because all the people who are complaining are the people who always complain, and would complain whatever it was. I don't think it's much of a secret that practically all the people commenting on this thread don't like OS4 or Hyperion or whatever.

I like OS4, and I have no probs with Hyperion. However, I want OS4 on something I can afford. If I'm paying top dollar, I'd want something bleeding edge.

As for imacs, i'm no great fan of the Mac, but you buy a machine for it's software base, and it has a large one.

I know there's a lot of inertia with the PPC platform, and too little time and too few developers on OS4, but I really think they should find a cheaper solution or new processor architecture.

$2682.56 for a computer with no OS licence? that's a joke surely. Does it at least come with a monitor, mouse and keyboard?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:16:51 PM by Khephren »

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
Re: First Contact : AmigaOne X1000 Limited Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »
Quote from: TCMSLP;664382
I guess custom hardware at this low quantity is expensive.  Dropping memory and HD size (which wouldn't be used anyway) seems a reasonable compromise.   Plus, I'm reasonably certain that for every "£xxx is too pricey" comment there'll be a number of Amigans that are happy to splash the cash.  It may seem pricey compared to intel kit, but perhaps not so expensive when compared to the amount some of us may have spent on our classic amigas or other hobbies.

Maybe, but pandora managed it, with a custom motherboard and case to go with it. I'm sure some Amigans will buy it, but A-Eon must know it rules most of us out.