Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Second NatAmi MX board assembled!  (Read 13522 times)

Description:

Offline outlawal2

Re: Second NatAmi MX board assembled!
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »
Quote from: Forcie;631200
@Hattig
A tiny CPLD handling I/O for floppy and joyports.

@Kesa
Yes. The image with the errors was made by a forum member, so I made a proper version after that. But the image with the errors happened to be posted on FB by mistake. :)

@TCMSLP
Our goal is full support of OS3.x (as well as earlier versions :) ). But we currently only have 3.1 licenses to distribute with the boards. However, our internal distribution runs 3.9. We are currently working on supporting all the hardware (writing SANA2 drivers, hacking monitor files, etc.)

@gertsy
Kesa is not at fault at all, it is our fault for posting the wrong image :)
Yes, everything is not soldered in that picture. But everything labeled "header" will have a proper header. They are not there in the picture because the focus was not testing the functionality of those connectors at that particular moment in time - it was taken shortly after getting the very first MX board.

3.9 support is great news!  I must have read something wrong somewhere as I was under the impression that this machine wasn't going to use an 030 processor  speed and would not be quick enough to load 3.9...    I am very interested in this board now..

Thanks for the clarification..

Offline outlawal2

Re: Second NatAmi MX board assembled!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »
Quote from: Forcie;631222
@commodorejohn
Yes, you can use both DVI and VGA monitors. Also, with the 15KHz video expansion, you can also use classic Amiga RGB monitors for classic screenmodes. I am getting one myself (classic Amiga graphics looks best on one! And I love working in DPaintIV on a real RGB screen) but the actual 15KHz expansion board is not done yet.

@Darrin
Sure, I prefer OS 3.1 myself. But remember that OS 3.9 is not only graphical changes but also a truckload of bugfixes. :)

@outlawal2
You are perhaps thinking about the old Natami prototype using a C-One board that was started back in 2003.
Our current development board has a 68060 expansion card attached. But we have developed a brand new 68k CPU architecture called "N68050" that will soon be powering the Natami system.

Btw, a 030 is not too weak for OS3.9. I ran OS3.9 just fine on my A600 with 42MHz 030 ;)

Once again thanks for the clarification.  I am definitely interested in this board now...  Will await further details...