Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MOS Technology buildings to be demolished!  (Read 8612 times)

Description:

Offline Xamiche

Re: MOS Technology buildings to be demolished!
« Reply #59 from previous page: March 31, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »
I'm thinking what's needed is some liquid nitrogen in a can, a glass cutter, a black skivvy & balaclava and some good sneaking music.

Sneaking Music
A500, A600, A1200, A2000, A4000D, A4000T, CD32

Offline Floid

• Show only replies by Floid
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2008, 02:55:11 PM »

ChuckT wrote:
I visited the site of MOS technologies (Commodore Semiconductor Group) and took nearly 70 pictures today (3/30/2008) and some video.  The sign outside says, "GMT Microelectronics" and underneath it says "Integrated Circuit Manufacturing".  According to my map, I was in the right place and one of the locals thinks it was the building.

Wikipedia says you are correct.

I'm just wondering how to post it and I wish to give the public a free public license to keep them in the Amiga community if they wish.

For the photos, Imageshack has already been suggested, but the last time I checked, Flickr also is not abusive to a photographer's inherent copyright (beyond making you agree that your stuff can be shown on Flickr).  That seems to be where these things end up these days, and at least it can handle the load and take care of the resizing.

Have you contacted commodore.ca or the SWoC folks about a more permanent host?

Offline Xamiche

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2008, 03:43:22 PM »
I'm just wondering how to post it and I wish to give the public a free public license to keep them in the Amiga community if they wish.

I just use Photobucket
Not sure what their copyright position is though.

Edit:
I just read their TOS. They say that whatever you upload remains in your ownership and the copyrights stay yours, though while the images are stored on their server, they can use it royalty-free for whatever purpose.

ChuckT

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2008, 11:39:52 PM »
Right Side of Commodore MOS building on Van Buren Street

I'll post more when I have more uploaded but this process is slow because there must be a lot of people on Photobucket or maybe the site is converting the data.  It is only a 9 second video.

Offline alexh

• Show only replies by alexh
    • http://thalion.atari.org
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »
Someone definitely pays for the groundwork there. The trees are nicely trimmed and the grass cut.

Hardly the ground zero I was expecting from the 10 years of abandonment and the EPA website about the place.

Did you take any closeups?

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 12:55:31 AM »

alexh wrote:
Someone definitely pays for the groundwork there. The trees are nicely trimmed and the grass cut.

Hardly the ground zero I was expecting from the 10 years of abandonment and the EPA website about the place.

Did you take any closeups?

That's the States for you... it seems to be some kind of industrial park, the whole place probably gets tended to on a single contract.

ChuckT

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »
My album is here.  I'll try to have all the pictures uploaded in two or three days as it takes time.  Feel free to copy and share what you want as my intent is to make the pictures free to the Commodore / Amiga and Amiga.org community.

Offline Xamiche

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »
Nice work Chuck. I hope you manage to get permission to enter the building. Then we can call you Indy from here on in. :-D
Whip and hat are in the mail.

Offline alexh

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk105/chuckamiga/Amiga%20Pics/?action=view¤t=CommodoreMOS015.jpg

This is the first picture that makes the place look abandoned. They've pulled up the grids and added concrete blocks so that you cannot get to the car park by the looks of things.

But hey, the flags are still flying, and they dont look too tattered or weathered as they would after 10 years of being out.

Offline Hodgkinson

• Show only replies by Hodgkinson
    • http://www.myspace.com/em_radiation *****and ***** www.booni.info
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
Now that photo does look sad :boohoo:
Main A1200D: WB3.0, 3.1 ROMs, 2GB HDD, Blizzard 1230IV (64MB RAM + FPU) and a whole load of custom heatsinks... :flame:

Offline Nlandas

• Show only replies by Nlandas
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »
I only looked at a few photos. Did I miss the No Trespassing signs? If the doors aren't locked and there aren't No Trespassing signs up then it's not breaking and entering or trespassing, is it?

If I lived closer, I'd have no problem walking in if a door was open anywhere on the building and there weren't No Trespassing signs up.

Now removing stuff might be another question.

-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

ChuckT

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2008, 01:13:35 PM »
If someone else wants a tour of the building, they can call around and ask permission, do the work of tracking everyone down because I'm a little aggravated.

Offline alexh

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »
There wont be anything inside. And even if there was, do you think you could help yourself if you were being toured?

Maybe you can skip dive in the evenings/weekends when the demolition begins.