Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 3G iPhone  (Read 6408 times)

Description:

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show only replies by A4000_Mad
Re: 3G iPhone
« Reply #74 from previous page: August 27, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »
@ ZeBeeDee

Sorry mate! I imagined you sitting there with your 3310 and something like a ZX Spectrum on a black and white TV ;-)

Didn't really want the dusty old N95 anyway  :-P
A4000 Mad

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »

A4000_Mad wrote:
@ ZeBeeDee

Sorry mate! I imagined you sitting there with your 3310 and something like a ZX Spectrum on a black and white TV ;-)

Didn't really want the dusty old N95 anyway  :-P

Got rid of the Spectrum long ago ... upgraded to the C64  :lol:
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline mdwh2

• Show only replies by mdwh2
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2008, 11:04:23 PM »

bloodline wrote:
I don't know what it's like in Europe, but I assume it's like the UK...
I'm in the UK, and the market wasn't stagnant. In fact, it had already moved on whilst the Iphone plays catch up (e.g., 3G).

Phones have changed dramatically in the last 10 years, going from simple devices with only SMS and maybe WAP, to basically being mobile computing devices, with fast Internet connection, video, music, being able to run applications. That's on a bog-standard low end phone.
No, they added these features... they didn't integrate them.
The difference?

Every other phone manufacturer is now trying to make their phones more like the iPhone... We had insane demand worldwide, for the device.
In what sense are they trying to make their phone more like the Iphone? By dropping features whilst raising the price?

The iPhone has a totally new user interface. It has fully integrated network functionality into the basic functionality of the device... Apps work together, the web browser is central to the functionality to the device. The App Store and iTunes store integration are unique... and Yes, it has a built in iPod, which is the worlds most popular media player, which is a nice value add.
Same with loads of other phones - they have that, or non-Apple equivalents, along with more.

The UK... and yes the Mobile Market is 100%... there is no way for a manufacturer to get an in... without something special... which Apple have managed to do.
So now they are praised merely for not flopping? Apple have billions of dollars, they're hardly a struggling start up!

Real people are talking about the iPhone... people are saying... "I was going to get an iPod, but I might as well get an iPhone".
Evidence? Same with your people in the street comment - I might as well claim people in the street are talking about every phone apart from the Iphone.

Real people can use the iPhone, I showed my HP 4510 to my grandparents a few years ago they were just confused by it...
My mum has a phone, and has no trouble using it. That only shows that the HP 4510 was a poor phone if it couldn't be operated by someone. Or possibly, technology generally moved on in the last few years.

Yeah, and this is why neither you or I work in that industry... we don't have the vision to make the iPhone... Unlike the other Phone Manufactures, Apple never stand still, they can't afford to.
What does where we work have to do with it? I'm not claiming that _I_ can personally make phones better than Apple! But there are plenty of non-Apple companies that are in the phone industry.

No, you don't, the iPhone wasn't made for you!! It was made for real people who don't use smart phones! Apple designs it's technology for real people!
I don't use a smart phone, I use a normal phone. That has copy and paste.

But I'm glad you agree - the Iphone _isn't_ the best phone ever, because not everyone has the same needs. However, you can't claim that people who don't consider the Iphone is the best are not real people!

By that logic, the Amiga is still the best - anyone who has a problem isn't a real person...

I explained over and over again... it's a natural interface, it works the way real people work, people who don't care about computers... technology... specs...
None of these are reasons, they're just made up terms, and marketing blurb. Tell us _why_ it works in this way, or _why_ it's interface is "natural" (whatever that means)?

The iPhone doesn't even have have menus or access to the underlying file system!! Everything is designed around the user and not the underlying technology!!! You don't need to care how or why the phone works... it just does!
Same with every other phone.

This is just wrong... Not one single review of the iPhone, has ever said the Browser is no better than any other phone... in fact even the most negative iPhone reviews have said they iPhone web browser is a shining beacon in a sea of terrible browsers...

The iPhone is the most used mobile web browser, despite the iPhone not having the biggest market share!!!!
References please?

Both Win95 and the Amiga did something special, bringing together technology, in a way the market needed. That is why they were popular.
But that's what _every_ company does with every product (at least, discounting the ones that completely flop). Every bog standard phone brings together technology in a way demanded by the market.

but between the Sinclair QL nd the Apple Mac... the Amiga had nothing new.
Neither had as good graphics, AFAIK. But either way - if in order to prove the "Iphone is the new Amiga" claim, your tactic is to water down the impact of the Amiga, then that just makes the claim worthless. Just about any new product could be seen as a "new Amiga".

I have nothing but respect for Jobs being able to sell the original iMac... it was technologically retarded, PPC and MacOS 8... but he knew how to make them popular.
I entirely agree here - it's not that the products are anything special, but I agree that Apple are good at marketing.

From the other thread:

You don't get the iPhone... great... You try and do what Apple has done then.
I don't need to - loads of other phone companies already have ;)

I do get the Iphone. I also get all the other phones :)

(Btw, I posted to a webforum too the other day, using my normal phone. And I did it with some copy and paste...)

Offline smithy

• Show only replies by smithy
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2008, 01:34:29 AM »
I saw an Iphone ad on TV today.  "What's so good about 3G?", it said.

Welcome to 2006, Apple.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2008, 03:17:47 AM »
See, I've yet to see an incontinent digital camera...  

Even if your camera weren't incontinent it still only does maybe 6 MP, I get twice that.

ZeBeeDee wrote:

A4000_Mad wrote:
 :-o  :-o  :-o OPEN IT UP FOR GOODNESS SAKE MAN!!

Buy an 8GB memory card off the Internet for £23.90. Use the N95's 5megapixel camera to take awsome pix. Set it to 'Close-up mode' for Hi Res shots of things like mobo components etc. Put it in video mode and use it as a camcorder to record your loved ones in DVD-Like quality. Put in MP3's of your favourite music and make the most of its stereo speakers.

If not, I'll have it please :-D

I've got a Pentax Super ME 35mm camera with interchangeable lenses (i have standard 35mm right upto a 200mm lens) for pictures that even for 1978 technology, pee's all over today's digital camera's.   :-)

My PC is connected to a Dolby 5.1 surround system for my musical tastes (work from home so don't need music on the move).

Oh, one last thing ... no you can't have the N95 so ner ner :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.