Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga wiki - interested?  (Read 3063 times)

Description:

Offline alxTopic starter

Amiga wiki - interested?
« on: August 07, 2003, 06:48:58 PM »
I've been thinking of setting up an Amiga wiki for a while (for those who don't know, a wiki is a large set of interlinking pages that anyone can view, add to or edit).  Other people have expressed an interested in another forum, and I'll set one up if enough people want it.  Please reply to this post if you would contribute to such a page (don't post on the Amigaworld thread as well please :-) )

Offline alxTopic starter

Re: Amiga wiki - interested?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 07:42:14 PM »
It could be fun, but if you set it up try Vanilla. It is done via REBOL, and could possibly be run ON an Amiga!

I'd like to, but it wouldn't be possible to install REBOL on my server.  And since I've only got a 512k connection, I cannot host it on any of my local machines, much as I'd like a miggy server :-(  There are quite a few easy to set-up wikis just need php and an SQL database and are easy to install - I'll just use one of them (I'm not really experienced with more complex things on servers).

Offline alxTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 10:04:34 AM »
I've had a look on the web archive, and it doesn't look as if there were any adult sites on the url before.  I can only access one version from september 2000 -

"Open Amiga Foundation - freeing the AmigaOS"

Anyone remember what that was? :-?

Offline alxTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 11:05:00 AM »
I've decided to set one up - although not that many people seem interested, my server is currently hosting a traffic-less forum, and so I'm not going to be loosing much.  It might not do very well, so it's just a little project of mine really.  I'll tell you when it's complete (or when I give up :-) )

BTW the wiki I'm planning to use can be set up to allow only registered users to do things - so if vandalism is awful I can do that.

Offline alxTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 01:31:36 PM »
The wiki is now set up, and I have told about 16 people where it is - the idea is to get a bit of feedback and content before I make it public.  Please don't be annoyed if I haven't chosen you - I've picked fairly random members from a cross-section of the site.  Watch this space...