Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: News from Hyperion  (Read 4939 times)

Description:

Offline reflect

• Show all replies
    • http://www.acggbg.org
Re: News from Hyperion
« on: December 31, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
@Piru

I'm sure they didn't make that mistake. There are some large things to consider here, even if you are one of the 'big ones' when it comes to Morphos development. Since You think 1.3 to 2.0 is bigger, I'd like to give you another point of view. Perhaps you're thinking in a developers point of view.

This is the first Amiga OS for another architecture when it comes to the classic computers. It also is the first OS to have much more strict rules about what is OK and what isn't, and it's the first Amiga OS you could install without having a previous OS installed since 3.1. It has alot of powerful features, not only for users but for developers aswell. It's the first Amiga OS which can actually attract new, beginners, customers, since Amiga OS 3.1.

Yeah, the 1.3 to 2.0 may have been big.. but this one means a whole lot more, atleast to me. I've heard some developers saying that now things are more logical, easier.

Belittling this effort, these accomplishment has no value to you.
--
These are interesting times we live in. New machines in progress, new AmigaOS in progress.. userbase slowly, slowly growing..  which is a success in itself.