Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bernie Demos Pegasos/IMac UAE JIT for PPC  (Read 5237 times)

Description:

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
Re: Bernie Demos Pegasos/IMac UAE JIT for PPC
« on: June 15, 2003, 08:02:40 PM »

3. Hyperion would then have a working JIT, as they would have the UAE sources. (Will Petunia be ready any time soon?  Really?)

4. Hyperion has Mac experience and could generate considerable interest and success by bringing OS4 and Amiga games to Apple computer owners (sort of a cool Retro package initially and then GamePack II, etc.)

5. Ben can stay busy solving all the EULA problems  and...

The Amiga Community has a market again!!!

OK, now can we have some cooperation please!

Do you always hold a knife held behind your back with one hand as you shake hands with a person with the other?

Basically what you are saying is we want to co-operate with Hyperion because Hyperion are crap and we're not so nah-nah :-P

Believe it or not some of us would like to see REAL co-operation between Genesi and Hyperion (espeically when it comes to OpenAmiga and also getting OS 4 on Pegasos2).  but this is sadly something that cannot happen while the childish attitudes continue.

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 08:31:59 PM »
Every MOS announcement gets turned into a f*cking flame war by people who have actually no clue about it for no good reason. I'm sick of it. Go troll on ANN.

I know how you feel, like everytime there is an item on AOS 4 or AmigaOne there's always some prick with a Pegasos telling everyone how bad AOS/A1/AINC/Hyperion/Eyetech, is and so on.  It's not needed at all if you are not interested in the platfrom in question and have nothing useful/productive to add then #### off.

While it was probably going to happen anyway, the flaming on this particular thread was in fact started by BBRV with the Hyperion comments, so you can't really complain about people with "no knowledge" in this instance.

Like DaveP pointed out the other day, you seem to be flaming quite a lot these days (evidence on this thread and others), which is odd because you never used to, I don't remember you being negative about anything (well computer related anyway :-) ).  Why is that?

Getting back to the topic in question, if Bernie does manage to evolve his little pert PPC project into a decent UAE for OS X or an Amithlon type thing for Mac, then I'll be a very happy bunny indeed.

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 08:39:57 PM »
Think about this situation a little harder Unchartered...

OK think harder..........nnnnnnnnnnnnngh!.......done

Nope, it still is exactly the same.  Care to come up with a better explaination/arguement? :-)

BTW like I pointed out before it's UNCHARTED as in unexplored, new, not charted. not UNCHARTERED as in accountant, surveyor, etc

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 10:00:07 PM »
ARGH!! I HATE OSX! It's the bastard offspring of *nix and Windows XP made up to look like MacOS9. In the dark, with a light behind it.

After all of 6 hours' use, I'm seriously considering junking it for Linux, which doesn't have apps that seem to queue up to crash for you (of 10 mainstream apps tested, 7 crashed within a few minutes).

Well I guess its a matter of choice, there is no way I'd ever use OS9.x I find it sucks. Nearly 20 years of bodging has left a messy system with no system security, poor multitasking and just plain uglyness.

I find MacOS X (10.2.6) great, I use it as my sole operating system (aside from using a PC for Amiga Emu), and I never have any problems (and this is with REALLY intensive use).  

Compare this with MacOS 9 where like about the 3rd time I use it I tried installing a peice of software, my mac then crashed and refused to boot.

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 10:17:39 PM »
@Greenboy

I mean, really, it cuts both ways, and MorphOS was the ones to get piled onto for ages. Now it's pretty much certain people (and anonymous types) actually getting ugly about it continually. Most other people occasionally get a nudge or wink in ... and some even avoid going overly partisan whenever possible. Go figure ; }

Better to leave the whole "he hit me mommy" "well he hit me first" stuff in the scrapbook of our childhoods. Hey, maybe the hostility level would go a lot farther into the safe zone. Indeed: some are able to take a nudgey, a wink, or even a suggestion of possible future ways things could go without saying one CEO-type is a dirty so-and-so, when in fact the other side has had it's higher ups do similar. Even if some inferences might be there in BBRV's post it just doesn't seem like it should negate what else is said, and that post is certainly not outstanding in comparison to things said by others from the other camp.

And yet I never see you jumping out at them with rage. So maybe, just maybe, most of us including even greenboy could kind of examine our own actions and thoughts more, and those of others a tad less.

It just sounds to me that you are sticking up for Bill just because it's Bill.  It's like all those people who are attacked for sticking up for Amiga Inc. because they own the name.

Look closely at my avatar you'll see that the trolls are identical aside from the colour.

I'm afaid that although your last sentance certainly is true, the rest of your posting like Bill's and everyone elses that I pull up on is full of meaningless misdirections and finger pointing.  I'm still waiting for BBRV to actually come up with something a tad better that "Think harder or Look at the bigger picture".