Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
That guys not welcome on here… I would try over on his Forum EAB.

Interesting. Appreciate the heads up and advice. 'Nuff said...

David
It looks great!
I would like to share this 7 minute follow up video on the progress in the port/recode project of Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood point and click game to Amiga Platform using powerful Apollo V4 68080 and SAGA Chipset  features.

https://youtu.be/QUe80-VV1Qo
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Re: HDToolBox
« Last post by Boing-ball on May 19, 2024, 08:57:42 PM »
PFSIO v20.0 seems to make a difference. I've spent quite a bit of time playing around with the 2GB drive on the 3000D. THe 3000D has a Z3 Fastlane and plugging a SCSI terminator into it has sorted out the slow booting.

I am still getting write errors though. Whats strange is I can copy upto c400MB without issue then when it gets to around that I get write errors.

I'll play around with maxtransfer etc. Have read elsewhere that the following works well:

FileSystem = PDS\03
Mask = 0x7FFFFFFE
MaxTransfer = 0x1FE00 (to avoid issues)
BlockSize = 512
Buffers = 200

I'll give that a go.

Thnaks for your help.

Weed

Yep 1fe00 can help. Also try Buffers = 80. I think I was okay at 100. But anything over and that too was problematic.
« Last post by Tumbleweed on May 19, 2024, 08:32:33 PM »
PFSIO v20.0 seems to make a difference. I've spent quite a bit of time playing around with the 2GB drive on the 3000D. THe 3000D has a Z3 Fastlane and plugging a SCSI terminator into it has sorted out the slow booting.

I am still getting write errors though. Whats strange is I can copy upto c400MB without issue then when it gets to around that I get write errors.

I'll play around with maxtransfer etc. Have read elsewhere that the following works well:

FileSystem = PDS\03
Mask = 0x7FFFFFFE
MaxTransfer = 0x1FE00 (to avoid issues)
BlockSize = 512
Buffers = 200

I'll give that a go.

Thnaks for your help.

Weed
I've been trying to get hold of Steve at Retropassion for a couple of months, but haven't heard anything back. Their website is still active. Has anyone heard anything?

David

That guys not welcome on here… I would try over on his Forum EAB.
« Last post by Boing-ball on May 19, 2024, 01:35:46 PM »
@Boing-ball

Ive got two Jaz drives. The first is a 1GB internal and is installed in my 3000T. On the SCSI chain I have a SCSI2SD - v5.2; the JAZ and then a SCSI CD-ROM; on the external SCSI port I have a SCSI CD-RW. The CD-Rom and the CD-RW are both terminated. This drive is the less probematic of the two.

The 2nd JAZ is a 2GB external drive I couldnt it get to work with the 3000T. Took ages to boot. I did manage to install a 2GB disk using HDToolBox (OS3.9 version) with PFSAIO. Problem I had was after partionitiong and then formatting the disk showed as blank after a reboot.

To check the drive was ok I tried to use it with my 3000D. Seemed to work ok last night. I managed to copy my boot drive to a 2 GB disk and thought all ok. This morning the A3000D wouldnt boot at all. Disconncting the JAZ - booted ok. Reconnecting the JAZ without a disk - booted ok. Inserted a disk and no boot.

Thinking it was a problem with the SCSI chain I put the JAZ as the first device; 2nd device is a SCSI2SD; 3rd CD-RW and 4th Iomega 100MB ZIP. The ZIP drive is terminated. With this set-up it has been working but I get write errors. File system is PFS AIO V3.2 (beta).

I do wonder if Ive got bad 2GB disks. I got the drive with four used 2GB disk - possible they are bad disks.

Weed

Yep. Have had plenty of issues with PFSAIO with Jaz and Zips. I’m finding the version 20.0 BETA that Toni Willen has for download sorted that out. If using 19.2 then recommend making sure that you stick to the basic givens that HDToolbox comes up with. A lot of my issues are with booting on the Jaz and Zip. But if you stick to 512 max transfer with v 19.2 you are good. With BETA 20.0 you can go to 4096. Also dependent on SCSI and what tools you have. Play around with async and sync modes.
« Last post by PlatformerZ on May 19, 2024, 12:31:07 PM »
I used a 2GB Jaz drive on the SCSI port adapter with my CDTV. I didn't run HDToolbox because I was installing an OS 1.3 system but used HDInstallTools instead. That worked perfectly.

Retro Old Guy has released a new video comparing Simons' BASIC with C128 BASIC and Vision BASIC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJiK-EI7ed0​

There's a mismatch clearance sale over at the Vision BASIC website, where they're practically giving away a few copies of the product:

https://visionbasic.net/purchase/

I've been trying to get hold of Steve at Retropassion for a couple of months, but haven't heard anything back. Their website is still active. Has anyone heard anything?

David
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10