Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice on beating the heat...  (Read 1609 times)

Description:

Offline Cyberus

• Show all replies
Re: Advice on beating the heat...
« on: July 18, 2005, 04:24:01 PM »
I would go further than that, I would keep windows closed and curtains closed.

Find the coolest room in the house, if you aren't working, then turn night into day, and sleep during the day!!!
:-)
I like Amigas

Offline Cyberus

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 01:33:40 AM »

adz wrote:
Landlords can be real arse's at the best of times, too bad there isn't any way of getting back at them without loosing your bond.

Adam (cool name btw ;-)*), I've thought to myself in the past that the deposit you put on the place may be 'returnable', but really is just the landlord's retirement fund anyway!  :-o Might as well trash it....

I've just moved into this place, the idea was (how anal does this sound...) to take photos of the place and burn em onto CD and send them to the landlord soon, right at the start of the tenancy...

@ Chris

I was just thinking, this thread isn't geeky enough dammit, this is meant to be a computer geek forum....so....
Why not connect loads of old CPU fans together? :-D

*sure I've said the same thing before
I like Amigas

Offline Cyberus

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 06:40:18 AM »

adz wrote:

[quote}
I was just thinking, this thread isn't geeky enough dammit, this is meant to be a computer geek forum....so....
Why not connect loads of old CPU fans together? :-D

What, something like this.
[/quote]

Notice how he says he's going to put another PSU in there to run the fans...but wait, what if for some reason the PSU needs cooling? Then you'll need to run another PSU's worth of fans, but how will you power it??? With another PSU, of course. Which will mean that you'll need more fans, but where are you going to get the power? With a PSU, but then of course you'll need more fans, which will require another PSU, and then

Ok,ok, I'm tired its almost 7am and I've lost a whole night to Day of Defeat... :-(
I like Amigas