Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MUI Programming Instruction offered  (Read 1487 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
MUI Programming Instruction offered
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »
Given that I have had trouble staying on track toward becoming a  productive Amiga programmer, I have requested help from some of our  existing experienced programmers to pass on their knowledge and  expertise.

Amiga programming is a different animal than that of  the other mainstream platforms, and the unique knowledge that many of  our most experienced programmers have locked away in their brains, is  diminished every time one of our existing programmers leaves the Amiga  community for any reason.

We need to preserve as much of that  valuable information as possible, as well as develop new programmers for  our community.  My proposal is to form a group of student programmers  that are willing to pay a weekly fee to be taught by one or more of our  most talented existing Amiga programmers, via IRC and all existing  programming tutorial resources.

If any of you are interested in  learning to program on the Amiga, and/or Amiga-Like systems, please join  me in this new endeavor.  If you are an existing experienced Amiga  programmer who would be willing to help teach this group of students,  please contact me for details on how to receive some compensation for a  little bit of your time.

Currently I have one experienced  programmer interested in participating with this project as an  instructor.  I am hoping that I can find at least 10 to 20 Amiga users  who are willing to pay a small tuition fee for instruction from  experienced Amiga programmers.  We will begin with MUI programming,  because it is available on the widest range of Amiga and Amiga-Like  platforms, but will cover other areas of Amiga programming as well, in  the future.

If you have ever had even a small interest in  becoming able to program on the Amiga and/or Amiga-Like platforms,  please join me in this effort.  It could lead to good things in the  future.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

• Lifetime Member
Re: MUI Programming Instruction offered
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26:39 PM »
This project needs a little clarification, so let me offer this additional info:

The programming language to be used will be "C".

MUI is just one part of what will be covered in the instruction provided and this is for people who do not have much, if any, previous programming experience.  The actual instructor(s) will provide more specific details on what will be covered and how it will be presented.

The project will only go forward if we can find enough students who are interested in learning.  The fee will be kept as low as possible, and all money goes directly to the instructor(s) who are providing the teaching experience.

If you have any other questions, ask them here, or send me a private message via PMail, or email.

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 01:47:54 AM »
Sounds like a cool initiative Dave. Glad to see you posting and up and around again :)
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 11:06:07 PM »
Quote from: magnetic;733699
Sounds like a cool initiative Dave. Glad to see you posting and up and around again :)

Thanks magnetic.

Not getting around much, but I can manage to make it to a keyboard occasionally.:biglaugh:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:58:02 AM »
I'm in for learning.
My C skills have over a decade of rust on them, but MUI looks like a very clean way to implement MorphOS C code.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"