Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Open Letter To The Moderators...  (Read 1504 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
Another Open Letter To The Moderators...
« on: June 14, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »
To The Moderators

As one or more of you would appear to be responsible for deleting two threads I started today "An Open Letter To Wayne Hunt" and "An Open Letter To The Moderators" without as much as a reply or reason let alone the guts to say which one of you is responsible for doing so, I guess I'll just have to ask again...

Why were both of these threads deleted ?

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
Re: Another Open Letter To The Moderators...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
want to repost the content?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »
Please give it a rest Frank.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »
Quote from: crawff;645185
want to repost the content?

Check my latest blog... :)

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:04:25 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;645186
Please give it a rest Frank.

Why should I, all I ask is that I be allowed to reply to Wayne hunt in same manner he talks about me in without me being moderated while he gets away with saying what he likes about me.

Offline Jope

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 04:05:25 PM »
Moderators don't owe users any explanation for their actions.

Being on a moderated board is a privilege, not a right.

Such is life.

Having been on both sides, I can tell you that being a moderator sucks just as hard as being a user. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother coming to boards.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »
Quote from: Jope;645189

Such is life.

Having been on both sides, I can tell you that being a moderator sucks just as hard as being a user. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother coming to boards.

i suppose that's rather true, but it would be, at minimum, polite to send a PM explaining the decision to remove threads.  especially when wayne hunt personally attacked frank more than once, and when he tries to respond, his threads are either moved or removed entirely.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Jope

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;645190
i suppose that's rather true, but it would be, at minimum, polite to send a PM explaining the decision to remove threads.  especially when wayne hunt personally attacked frank more than once, and when he tries to respond, his threads are either moved or removed entirely.

Polite, yes. However these things also should be between the moderators and the user who got the disciplinary action. They are not anyone else's business.

We can speculate whether something has been communicated or not, if either side decides to make it public, we can decide to believe it or not. However it's still none of our business.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
Quote from: Jope;645189

Yes and no. It's one thing for mods to lock a topic, but to delete it outright with no warning or explanation is a whole other deal. If you want to ban someone, just ban them - don't pull this passive-aggressive bullshit.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;645190

-- eliyahu

Try frequenting a Sci-Fi board I use.  If a Mod blasts you and you so much as post asking for clarification or heaven help PM them to sort it out in private then you can (and usually do) get a ban.  Questioning mods in public isn't allowed, questioning mods in provate isn't allowed.  PMing them to say sorry isn't allowed.  I've had a couple of bans.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »
Quote from: Jope;645191
Polite, yes. However these things also should be between the moderators and the user who got the disciplinary action. They are not anyone else's business.

We can speculate whether something has been communicated or not, if either side decides to make it public, we can decide to believe it or not. However it's still none of our business.

No need to speculate my threads were deleted without warning or explanation, just like this one will no doubt be.

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
There is no reason what so ever to delete this thread.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »
@ Darrin & CommodoreJohn

I reckon both of you know me enough by now to know that I think this kind of behaviour on the internet is pretty damn silly.

We're supposed to be adults but these things they call moderators are as is proven here nothing but biased little Hitlers, who's only kick in life is hiding behind a keyboard deleting and banning stuff & folk who they neither have the guts or brains to actually be able to answer to, like you would have to do in real life.

Moderation would be fine if it was done fairly but that is not the case on this site anymore and it's become nothing more than a pathetic cop out for those who are too spineless to even reply to someone.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »
Thread put back online. This thread had lots of comments and transparency for  members comments is the best course. Forum battles could easily be avoid if everyone try's to be respectful to each others views and just has healthy debate.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.