Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Southern California Amiga Users Group meeting June 21st  (Read 3957 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Southern California Amiga Users Group meeting June 21st
« on: May 07, 2008, 03:52:21 AM »
Okay, finally decided to put it on my calendar and stop making excuses to put it off any longer.

Open Invitation to all Amiga Users, but RSVP required so I know how much food to buy!

Date:  Saturday, June 21st, 2008

Time:  10:00am to ?????????

Place: Big Bear Lake, CA (email me your RSVP and I will send exact address and directions to your email address)

If you wish to attend AND demonstrate one or more of YOUR pieces of Amiga related hardware or software in addition to the dozen or so Amiga systems that I will have set up, please contact me as far in advance as possible so I can tell the other attendees.  

Possible candidates for demonstrations that I would like to see include; Completed Minimig (mine will not be done by then, if even started), A1 system with latest AmigaOS4 installed, Pegasos I, or II with latest MorphOS installed (with Jeff's help I will have MorphOS running on my CSPPC w/CVision), Sam440 (or whatever it is called) running anything that it can at the time, 68k Linux on Classic Amiga, any new Amiga programs or updates to existing programs, original Amiga works of art in any medium, including music, paint, rendering, animation, programming, etc.

Everyone is welcome to bring any Amiga related items to participate in an Amiga Swap/Trade/Sell/Purchase event from the trunk or back hatch of your car (and mine).  I will dig through all my treasure and try to provide a decent door prize give away with everyone getting a free ticket just for showing up.

First 6 that RSVP with plans to attend will receive a special opportunity.  Please, no PMail.  Only use my email address, which is amigadave@earthlink.net .

Hope to see many of you in June.  Save the date now, put it on your calendar and don't let anything change your plans to get free food.  Barbeque in the clean air at 6,8000 ft. elevation.  Hmmmmmm, that 68000 number looks familiar from somewhere.  :-D

Edit: Menu TBD, probably STEAK!, but BYOD (D=Drinks)
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Re: Southern California Amiga Users Group meeting June 21st
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:32:56 AM »
Aw, sorry, I can't make it.  On that date I will be at the Commodore Show in Maarssen, the Netherlands.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
CommVEx v4 website - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:41:07 AM »
Wow!  That is a long way to go from Visalia, have a great time and bring back pictures.

Maybe next time you can make it.  I wouldn't mind doing this 2 or 3 times a year.

Offline omnicron10

• Show only replies by omnicron10
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 08:55:34 AM »
Count me in Dave!
A500/030 40mhz with A530, Indivision ECS, , KS 3.1, 2 Megs Chip, 8 Megs fast.
A600 Vampire II
SAM440EP 667, Amiga OS 4.1u1
Dual G4 1.2 Mac MorphOS
Chameleon
CD32
SX64
128D
C64
64C

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »

omnicron10 wrote:
Count me in Dave!

Great, but please also send me an email to let me know if it will be just you, or if you will be bringing anyone with you.

Anyone is welcome to join you and other Amiga users that are attending, including spouses, significant others and kids.  I don't think we are going to get over crowded with too many people.

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 11:50:45 PM »
 :bump:  :juggler:  :banana:  :cheers:  :popcorn: Hopefully not  :sleep:  lots of  :pancake:  :lotsacoffee:  :roflmao:  and on screen  :flame:  :destroy:  between  :pint: and more :cheers:

Please NO PMail, reply via my email, amigadave@earthlink.net

Come one, come all, bring your gear and software to trade or sell and have a great time.  

I may tape the mayhem to share with all you A.org members that can't make it here.

Remember, there will be a no charge drawing for a piece of Amiga hardware, or software prize for those that attend.

Weather in the lowlands all around me is close to or over 100 today and here it is only 82 degrees with a light breeze.  How can you beat that?

If you think it is too far to come just for one day, contact me as I still have room for a few to stay and return the next day.

That's it, hope to see more of you here on the 21st! :-D

Offline pan1k

• Show only replies by pan1k
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 01:10:04 AM »
Hmm.. havent been here in ahwile... I think i can make it! Count me in!
A4K: \\\'060, Cyberstorm MKIII Cybervision 64/3D w/ Scandoubler, Buddha Flash XSurf, MP3@64, A4K: \\\'040, Toaster, Y/C, A1200: Apollo \\\'040, A1200 GVP \'030, A1200: Stock, A2000: 68K, Trump SCSI, Supra 8Mb, and Toaster 4K, A2500: \\\'030, GVP SCSI, Supra 8MB x2, Video Toaster, CD32, Minimig, Efika and Hopefully an A4000T soon!

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 07:46:58 AM »

pan1k wrote:
Hmm.. havent been here in ahwile... I think i can make it! Count me in!

Great, please send me an email to RSVP so if I have any more news about the event, it will be easier to contact the group of guests more quickly.

Thanks

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 02:36:10 AM »
 :bump:

The total count is nearing 10 and I am really looking forward to this Amiga meeting/BBQ on June 21st.

Anyone else think they can make it up for a day of fun with Amigas?  The computer kind I mean!

Joe from the 64 & More Store is coming and bringing several Amiga and if desired C64 items to sell.  Others are bringing their extra hardware and software to sell or trade.

I will be sending out directions within the next couple of days to all those that have sent an RSVP to my regular email address " amigadave@earthlink.net ", so don't worry, I have not forgotten to send the directions to you.

The more the merrier, let me know if you can make it and have not already sent me an email.

Offline pan1k

• Show only replies by pan1k
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 04:26:33 AM »
Would anyone be interested in purchasing a 3000D w/ Keyboard, mouse, and monitor w/ PC Bridgeboard?? If so, let me know and i'll lug it up the mountain!
A4K: \\\'060, Cyberstorm MKIII Cybervision 64/3D w/ Scandoubler, Buddha Flash XSurf, MP3@64, A4K: \\\'040, Toaster, Y/C, A1200: Apollo \\\'040, A1200 GVP \'030, A1200: Stock, A2000: 68K, Trump SCSI, Supra 8Mb, and Toaster 4K, A2500: \\\'030, GVP SCSI, Supra 8MB x2, Video Toaster, CD32, Minimig, Efika and Hopefully an A4000T soon!

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »
What type and speed Bridgeboard is it?

Bring as much gear and software as you want to pack up in your car.  You never know who may purchase things if they are right in front of them to see and test.

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 02:35:24 AM »
:bump:

Last mention about tomorrows meeting.

I hope everyone that has RSVPd is still coming.

If you did not get my email with directions and phone number
send me a PMail here and I will send it again.

See you tomorrow and for the rest of you here, I will take
pictures of the meeting and group.  It is small, but should
be fun.

Offline trekiej

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 03:50:28 AM »
I wish everyone the best who attends the user group.
I hope it turns out great.
Have fun.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 04:26:29 AM »
First, NO PHOTOS!

Sorry, but we were having so much fun talking and such that I didn't take the time to get the camera out and take any photos (that plus the fact that I have misplaced my digital camera, or the "EX" misplaced it for me).

I don't know about the rest of the guests, but I had a great time.  I was not as prepared with a few of my big box Amigas and stuck a bunch of my Amiga gear back in the closets just to make the place more presentable.

Including myself, there were 10 people present, which was great.  Okay, not all of them are Amiga users or big fans, they were a couple of spouses and a couple of youngsters in the 14 to 17 range, but it was great to have them come along.

I was only a little worried that I had not bought enough steaks, but several of the Top Sirloin steaks were huge and cut in half and even after everyone had eaten all they could, I had three steaks left over, so my worries were for naught.

I had the following Amigas set up for anyone to use; my super clean, stock A1000, A500 w/A530 Turbo, A1200 w/060, CDTV, CD32 w/SX32 Pro all set up in the Sky Light room.

The pool table got the most use in the Living Rm area and we watched a movie playing through my MacMini into a brand new 37" LCD TV that I purchased the day before, as my 26" LCD widescreen had just died a few days before and was out of warranty by only one month (d@mn, how do they plan that crap).

We played pool, traded stories and some Amiga hard and software.  Eat a hearty meal and told some more stories.

I sincerely hope that everyone else had as much fun as I did.  Many left with a few new items and a couple of Amiga computers of mine made it out the door into two of the guests car trunks, congrats Tim and Chris.  Joe and his lovely wife, "Sam" came and I purchased 5 boxed games from them.  I encourage you all to do business with them and the 64 & More Store.  They have many items on eBay, but I am sure they will also sell direct to you if you contact them.  They also have many C64 items and a few Atari things as well.

Tim brought his "C-One" to show everyone, but it got late and we did not hook it up.  Most had to leave before dark, but one guest decided to take advantage of my offer and slept in the coolness of a Big Bear Lake night in the extra room and left around Noon on Sunday.

It was a pleasure to see the few I already knew and to meet those that I did not know, and all of you are welcome to visit again, just give me a call in advance.

I think a couple might be interested in coming up more often and I am considering starting a monthly, or bi-monthly meeting schedule if anyone is interested in getting together that often.

I worked on my A4000D PowerTower today and am happy to say that it is running OS3.9 from the CSPPC fine as I type this.  I am now going to make my first attempt at installing MorphOS for PowerUp tonight and see what it is like.  I wish I had completed it before yesterday, but time has a way of running out wether I am ready for it to do so or not.

I probably left something out, but if so someone will fill in the missing details for me later.    :-D

Offline Amiduffer

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 05:35:44 AM »
Damn, sorry I missed the party. The steaks would have been a bonus to attend along with all the nice scenery.
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.