Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Expansion cards missing on 3.2.2  (Read 630 times)

Description:

Offline CirdanTopic starter

• Once upon a time in #amigacafe...
    • Show only replies by Cirdan
Expansion cards missing on 3.2.2
« on: December 27, 2023, 12:03:28 AM »
I have an Amiga 1200 in a tower case with a Blizzard 1230 IV, plus a Cybervision 64/3D and an Ariadne on a Micronik Zorro II busboard.

I decided to spend Xmas on upgrading from OS 3.1 to 3.2.2 and various updated software, but when booting with the new 3.2.2 ROMs the Zorro II cards apparently no longer exist; the only card listed at early startup is the Blizzard. Switching to an older kickstart with BlizKick brings back the other two cards, but my goal was to get them to work nicely on an updated system with newly purchased P96 and Roadshow.

Any ideas about what might be causing the problem and what I might be able to do about it?

Offline Boing-ball

Re: Expansion cards missing on 3.2.2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 01:16:37 AM »
I have an Amiga 1200 in a tower case with a Blizzard 1230 IV, plus a Cybervision 64/3D and an Ariadne on a Micronik Zorro II busboard.

I decided to spend Xmas on upgrading from OS 3.1 to 3.2.2 and various updated software, but when booting with the new 3.2.2 ROMs the Zorro II cards apparently no longer exist; the only card listed at early startup is the Blizzard. Switching to an older kickstart with BlizKick brings back the other two cards, but my goal was to get them to work nicely on an updated system with newly purchased P96 and Roadshow.

Any ideas about what might be causing the problem and what I might be able to do about it?

At a guess it’s probably the Micronik Busboard not playing nice with Kick 3.2.2 (47.111). Can confirm on a A4000D with a Micronik Busboard for a tower setup and Cybervision 64 etc.. No issues. Had a few issues with the 6860 Micronik on a A1200 tower setup.