Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lets talk: Alien Breed  (Read 9484 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Lets talk: Alien Breed
« on: November 08, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »
I finished tower assault on the cd32. I was surprised to find it was supposed to be hard because i didn't really notice  :rolleyes:

There is an image on the back of the box. It is a rendering of an alien with a real creepy shadow behind it. But it wasn't in the game. Anyone know what this was? it's really important to me! :)

Alienbreed 3D was a pile of s**t. It reminded me of why commodore went bankrupt because their products couldn't compete with the PC equivalent - DOOM! :madashell:

Alienbreed 3D - worst amiga game ever  :pissed:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »
To say Alien breed 3D has low res is an understatement. What about ultra low res?

I tried to finish the game but failed. The res is so bad half the time i couldn't tell the difference between the bad guys and the walls behind them! It's hard to finish a game when you can't see the bad guys   :madashell:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:03:32 AM »
Quote from: madcowdisease;590440
Lets not forget CLASSICS like Dennis, Akira on CD32 and Body Blows Galactic (joking).

Are you kidding? Body Blows Galactic is the best fighter game ever!     :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;590470
It was no lower resolution than existing doom clones of the same period, most of which were far less polished.

I originally finished that game on a basic A1200. Whilst some of the later levels had moments that were interactive slide shows*, a bit of tenacity goes a long way. Maybe you just sucked at playing it :lol:

*when I got my first accelerator card, it was a completely different story. Completely fluid at all times.

Rubbish. Doom was far superior. But it has certain traits that annoy me though. When i tried to get around the back of the demons to see what they looked like from behind i got really frustrated because i couldn't do it. 2 years later i figured it out. The demons were only 2D and not 3D and they rotate to match your view head on. It took me that long to figure it out. What a waste of 2 years    :madashell:  

I'm sorry but for me Alien Breed 3D will always be the game that put the nails in the coffin for amiga. This is the game that made me sell my cd32 for next to nothing in 1996 and buy a playstation one and ironically introduced me to doom  :rolleyes:

You don't think i can play well? I'm the best doom player i have ever seen!   :cool:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:47:34 PM by Kesa »