Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast  (Read 49822 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:38:56 AM »
A special Episode of 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast. It starts as a clarification of the Amiga drama from last week involving Individual Computers, and ends with some surprising and welcome information from Mike from Cloanto! The new owner of the Amiga IP.
https://youtu.be/gMqy12dTzlA

text summary of the purported email content from the vid

Offline number6

Re: 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »
Hi Doug,

Could you please have the author of the compatibility chart take a look at one entry I noticed?

the list

Under the listing for Sceptre I see the only instance of "pass" being written with a "red" background, that otherwise seems to be reserved for "fail". So, at present I'm not sure what the status is for this one.

For those unacquainted with Sceptre, they have rather extensive circuitry which is helpful for those with older equipment as well as new. Although it will vary with model and one should always read about circuitry prior to purchase, the norm for me has been:

3 HDMI, VGA, Composite, and Component inputs, all switchable of course from remote. They also work perfectly with cheap displayport to HDMI cabling (no adaptor purchase required). With so many recent tv/monitors confined to HDMI inputs only, these are worthy of investigation by those with older equipment, imo.

Heh. No, this is not an ad. I just know these sets are always and currently available and I meet many older users who require more extensive input options than are usually available these days. Hope the info helps.