Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help .....Adaptec 2940UW SCSI problem.  (Read 18692 times)

Description:

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
Re: Help .....Adaptec 2940UW SCSI problem.
« on: August 12, 2004, 04:56:23 AM »
Couple of questions.  

1.  Does the drive show up in the Adaptec BIOS?  (CTRL-A at startup?)
2.  Do you have the correct AHA-2940UW drivers installed?  (ie. not the plain 2940 drivers)
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 06:11:30 PM »
You don't need any extra software, it is built into the card.  It sounds like you are pressing CTRL-A when the machine is first starting.  The BIOS I was refering to is known to Adaptec as SCSISelect Utility, sorry I wasn't clear.  You should see information at startup (after POST (memory checks, ide devices, m/b perhiperal display, etc), but before your OS boots) regarding the Adaptec card.  If you do not, the BIOS is not enabled.  You should however still be able to get into the SCSISelect Utility by pressing CTRL-A.  Try hitting it after your normal POST, but before your OS boots.  It won't hurt to hit it more than once.  (you can also stick a bootable floppy in the drive so you don't have to boot into Windows every time in case you miss it).

Once you're in this utility, you can scan the bus for the drive.  Turn on off different addresses, speeds, connectors, termination, etc.  It might be a good idea to reset everything to defaults (F6 I think).

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »
I concur.  There should be no problem using both IDE and SCSI on the same system.  I've been doing that for years (pre-Windows 95) without problems.